I stayed at the Sunflower Stop because it was close to the stadium and I was attending the U2 concert. Some bad reviews here caught my sight, but I booked anyway and do not regret it.
I'm really picky with shared bathroom facilities and they were very clean, very tidy here. Also, my husband and I were in a double room and they had a safe in it, so no problems at all with safety. The staff was very friendly and very efficient too.
The only complaint I can add is that early checkouts have to be done the night before until 7 pm, which is quite early. Some friends that were with us and didn't speak english very well almost missed it because they don't warn you upon checkin (there's only a written sign in the reception). Luckily, we told them and asked the manager to wait so no harm was done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sunflower Stop backpackers offers relaxing and comfortable accommodation for budget travellers in Cape Town. Nestled between the mountains and sea, the backpackers hostel is in the perfect location to enjoy your time in Cape Town. With a self-catering kitchen, bar and T.V. lounge, our luxury backpackers offers affordable accommodation for every budget. So come and make yourself at home with our friendly staff, cool off in our refreshing sun filled swimming pool, relax at the cosy bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your A Sunflower Stop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunflower Stop Hotel Cape Town Central
- Sunflower Stop Cape Town
- A Sunflower Stop Cape Town, South Africa