1,978 results
All reviews sea point local mobile phone south africa home away from home restaurant recommendations the entire staff stay in cape town little touches cape point cooked breakfast our honeymoon dinner reservations personal service western cape camps bay a wonderful stay table mountain
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my friend for 2 nights at the end of our amazing trip around SA, and it was such a treat! Everything is taken care of at Blackheath Lodge, rooms are luxurious and spacious, you have a local mobile phone for use in SA, wifi internet access, Sky TV, slippers and bath robes and the breakfast IS AMAZING....

Antony was so helpful with recommending restaurants he also organised us a hour long massage for our birthdays, from our friends back home.

If you are in Cape Town - stay here!

Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Only stayed two nights at blackheath at the end of our holiday if only we had stayed longer we could of enjoyed more of antony and staffs great hospitallity. Next time we go to south africa we'll make sure we stay longer. Antony was very helpful in booking tickets for table mountain and afternoon tea at "Nellies". Great gin and tonics.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2011

On booking Cape Town I spent some considerable time trying to find an affordable place to stay that had a hint of luxury. I spotted Blackheath Lodge in the gay section of Time Out travel guide and then further checked it out on Trip Advisor and subsequently book due to the overwhelming rave reviews.

The reviews were true.

I've stayed in many deluxe and boutique hotels over the years including some leading hotels of the world but I have to say that I think Blackheath Lodge beats them all. This is however solely due to the efforts of the owner Antony who makes you feel from the moment you walk through the door that you are the most important guest that they have ever had. Antony has clearly spent some considerable time and effort to ensure that Blackheath Lodge is packed to the rafters with wonderful dinky extras that add to the happy karma of this place. Mobile phones in rooms, free wifi, free access to a computer, a well stocked library, free DVD's, free smoothie at breakfast. the list goes on. But basically is really is down to the host Antony as he makes you feel that nothing is too much trouble. I stayed in South Africa for 3 weeks and Blackheath Lodge was by far the best accommodation I stayed in. I've come home to the UK raving about this place and I would highly recommend everyone to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank magoobie
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We stayed at Blackheath Lodge for three nights at the beginning of February so that we could explore Cape Town before catching our return flight to the UK. We were not really sure what to expect but I can tell you that we were absolutely blown away with this little hotel... The reviews are very good for Blackheath on Trip Advisor and we can tell you from first hand experience that they are all justified! We found the location of the hotel to be very good for exploring all sides of Cape Town and it was easy to find.

We did not think it was expensive having looked at a lot of other places online. We can tell you that even if we had paid more we still would have come away feeling like we had very good value for money! There was nothing that was too much trouble and the overall experience of being at the hotel was absolutely outstanding. Anthony gave us fantastic recommendations for our evening meals and we were not dissapointed by anything!

The breakfasts were yummy and would keep you going all day! The swimming pool is heated and sits within a stunning courtyard garden. Our room was beautiful with very nice touches and the biggest bed I have ever seen! The terrace where you eat your breakfast and also chill out with a Gin and tonic later on is gorgeous and all of the staff are welcoming and friendly.

When we come back to Cape Town we will not hesitate to book with Blackheath Lodge again!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2011

A real "home from home", excellent well informed, attentive and very friendly staff, always on hand with a smile to offer, if required, advice as to where to stay according to your budget, if you are taking the Garden Route, where to visit in Cape Town and how to get there, and where to eat each evening, making the table reservations for you, and booking the taxis. From the moment you are picked up at the Airport to the time it comes sadly to leave, you are made to feel special, BHLmay not be particularly large, but the welcome is, it has a warmth that hotels lack, here you are a guest and not just an Account . Rooms very comfortable and breakfast is a treat. Don't miss out!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo