“HIGHLY RECOMMENDED”

Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Brussels, Belgium
“HIGHLY RECOMMENDED”
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Having read before coming to Cape Town very good reviews in Tripadvisor about the Blackheath Lodge, I booked this B&B 2 months ahead and was normally supposed to arrive several weeks earlier but to the ashes clouds coverring parts of Europe, my business trip to South Africa was delayed. Although, I had paid a deposit, for the canceled April trip, Antony, in charge of this great Lodge decided to put it back entirely on my rescheduled visit: : not many hotels would have accepted this !!!
I can highly recommend this small lodge with 10 rooms either for business or for leisure. They arranged their own transfer for me from Cape Town International Airport
although in the very late evening and this went very smoothly. .
I had a great very clean room with a very confortable bed (the only remark I would have would be the lack of a working table when using a laptop).
The breakfast was of top quality with freshly squeezed orange juice and eggs made as you wanted it. Superbly cooked and served on the deck overlooking the small pool.
The lodge had also arranged for me a car rental for the 2 full days I stayed renting me their own GPS.
My deepest thanks to Antony and his very friendly and professional team;
This was my first visit to Cape Town and to South Africa and for sure next time I will be coming over here at the Blackheath Lodge with my wife. I am sure she will enjoy it as much as I did.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
London
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I visit Cape Town a number of times a year on business and discovered this gem on one of my visits. I've returned many times now, always to be greeted like a long lost friend by the charming Antony and John and their talented staff Michelle, Jon Claude and the lovely ladies that cook up a storm each morning.

The guest house is very relaxed, so even though I'm in town on business I feel like I'm on holiday sitting on their outdoor veranda having a delicious breakfast of fruits, their famous cheese quiche and strawberry tart or enjoying a glass of wine in the evening.

The rooms are beautiful with all the mod cons. Antony is extremely knowledgeable about Cape Town and assists with suggestions for free days and evening meals.

Its a beautiful place to stay in Cape Town and deserves the high ratings on tripadvisor.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2010

If you are going to Cape Town, there isn't a better place to stay than the Blackheath Lodge - spotless rooms and facilities, fantastic breakfast and super confortable rooms. Antony and the rest of the staff are absolutely superb - they can't do enough for you and took care of any need we had. The hotel is in a perfect location, a block off the beach and walking distance to great restaraunts, shopping and Victoria Waterfront. The reviews on here are all true - Blackheath Lodge was the absolute best!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Aix-en-Provence, France
Reviewed May 26, 2010

The hotel is charming. The decoration is very nice. .
We were very well welcomed by Tony, the owner of the hotel and his staff.
The service was very professional and warm.
Tony, take care of us very much, he was very helpful to suggest the best places to go at the right time.
The room we had was large and beautiful. The bed was large and very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean..
The breakfast was varied and delicious.
We higlhy recommand the hotel.
Its location in "sea point" is quite, safe and very convenient to visiting the town.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Excellent little hotel with bed & breakfast flavor. Antony was great, just like everyone says here. Oh, and a made-to-order breakfast that's outstanding? Check.

Even though my stay was short, I'll be spreading the good work about Blackheath.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 23, 2010

This beautiful establishment is much more than just a B & B. Antony (the on site owner)is the perfect host, obliging, courteous and very informative. The staff are all lovely people and the breakfasts are magnificent and set you up for the day. The Lodge itself is tastefully decorated with all the little finer touches that make it such a warm welcoming place to stay. Our room was the superior en suite room with the most comfortable king size bed with a great outlook and a rear entry with french doors leading to a beautiful garden and pool area. We loved everything about the whole place and have already recommended it to relatives and friends who are considering a trip to SA. Antony arranged anything in the way of tours we asked about and at the same time helped us if we chose to do our own bookings etc by volunteering friendly advice.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary and Kabul
Reviewed May 22, 2010

We stayed two nights at the Blackheath and couldn't have asked for better. Great location, clean rooms, good security, excellent breakfasts and, most importantly, tremendous people. Antony and Michelle treated us like long-term guests and Jean-Claude (in the evenings) was very helpful. The Blackheath is a real gem and fully deserves the rave reviews on this site.

We would stay here again and regret that we couldn't stay longer and we've already recommended it to friends. A super inn and a great experience.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Cape Grace
#6 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Victoria & Alfred Hotel
#25 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#31 of 109 in Cape Town Central
POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay

Been to Blackheath Lodge? Share your experiences!