I stayed at Blackheath Lodge for four nights at the beginning of December 2008. I was travelling on my own and I didn't want to get lost in the impersonal service of a hotel. So I looked up Guesthouses in Cape Town and Blackheath Lodge had good reviews so I thought I would give them a try...and I was so pleased I did!
The day I arrived I was given the warmest welcome by Anthony and his team. I was showed to my room which was absolutely beautiful, ensuite, with the biggest and comfiest bed I have ever slept in - I'm 5ft 10" and my toes weren't even close to hanging out the end, it was bliss! The room also had a tv, tea and coffee making facilites and a well stocked mini bar. There was also a welcome pack containing more info about the Guesthouse and tourist information about Cape Town with recommended taxi numbers - all very helpful.
The house is situated around the garden with the pool and sunlongers. The verandana, where most of the dining is done, overlooks over the garden area and it is so relaxing sat there tucking into the delicious homemade treats on offer at breakfast time or having a glass of wine watching the sun go down.
If your looking for things to do like day trips or recommendations for restaurants to eat in then Anthony and the team are more than happy to advise and book things for you, they really can't do enough for you. The Guesthouse is situated in Sea Point, which is a two minute walk down to the sea front and only five mintues by car to the V& A Waterfront. The tourist bus runs from outside the Winchester Mansions Hotel on the seafront, which again is only a five - ten minute walk from the Guesthouse so its location is perfect and tucked away enough to be out of the hustle and bustle.
I really cannot fault anything about Blackheath Lodge. Someone I met whilst staying there said to me "They should bottle the atmosphere of this place and sell it, they'd make a fortune!" and she was so right, it was wonderful - tranquil, fun and very welcoming. It excelled all my expectations and I can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blackheath Lodge is a Victorian guest house situated below Signal Hill, a stone's throw from the city, Waterfront and well-known beaches. Stylish bedrooms, excellent personalized service and warm hospitality. Enjoy breakfast on the terrace overlooking the pool and garden. Come home to a sundowner after a busy day of sightseeing or power business dealings, safe in the knowledge that a quiet, comfortable night's sleep awaits you. Airport transfers. Credit Cards. Children 12+. TGCSA 4-Star Guest House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Blackheath Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackheath Hotel Cape Town Central
- Blackheath Cape Town
- Blackheath Lodge Cape Town, South Africa