We arrived at Blackheath at 3.00 on a Sunday having driven 500 km from Knysna.
We were going to see Springsteen at the Bellvue Velodrome that night. Antony welcomed us, got us a drink, showed us to our room, organised some sandwiches and told us our cab would be there at 6.00 to take us to Bellvue. When the cab came he gave us a mobile with the hotel and taxi driver's (James) number in it. Introduced us to James and explained he was taking us there and would pick us up. He did all of that and we had a great night.
We didnt do a thing. Antony sorted it all.
The next day we headed off to the Winelands but came back to BL for four further nights. What we loved about it was
* the quality of the welcome and advice given by Antony, Charle, Godfrey and Jean Claude. The helpfulness of all of the staff
* the hotel itself - North Lanes Brighton look feel and vibe
* the other guests - friendly and welcoming
* great breakfasts food and drinks
* Cape Town in general but Sea Point and the promenade in particular
* it felt like home
We plan to return to SA and will stay at BL again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blackheath Lodge is a Victorian guest house situated below Signal Hill, a stone's throw from the city, Waterfront and well-known beaches. Stylish bedrooms, excellent personalized service and warm hospitality. Enjoy breakfast on the terrace overlooking the pool and garden. Come home to a sundowner after a busy day of sightseeing or power business dealings, safe in the knowledge that a quiet, comfortable night's sleep awaits you. Airport transfers. Credit Cards. Children 12+. TGCSA 4-Star Guest House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Blackheath Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackheath Hotel Cape Town Central
- Blackheath Cape Town
- Blackheath Lodge Cape Town, South Africa