“I'll tell all travelling to Cape Town to stay at Blackheath Lodge”
Review of Blackheath Lodge

Blackheath Lodge
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Melbourne, Australia
“I'll tell all travelling to Cape Town to stay at Blackheath Lodge”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The outstanding feature for me at Blackheath Lodge was the attention to detail in order to make our stay so smooth and special. Excellent, personal and friendly service, beautiful interior design features and a range of lovely spaces to sit and relax - features not found in many hotels. My lovely room was always freshly made up and welcomed me back after a busy day of sightseeing. It adjoined a sitting room with books, artwork and even a complimentary port ! There is also a kitchen area where we could help ourselves to tea, coffee or drinks (honour system). Breakfast caters to all needs and is fresh with eggs or pancakes to order. I will have no hesitation in recommending Antony and his staff at the lovely Blackheath Lodge to all I know who are planning to visit Cape Town

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Berres T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
UK
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Wonderful boutique hotel 45 minutes walk along the sea front from Cape Town centre. Special mention to Charle who was a wonderful host. Great breakfasts with complimentary tea/coffee and biscuits served all day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dalhem, Belgium
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My experience at Blackheath Lodge was wonderful. The rooms are comfortable and lovely, the common areas are cozy and welcoming, the staff is caring and friendly and very good at their jobs, and the breakfast is great. Antony and all the staff make you feel as if you are in the home of a good friend. In particular, the loft suite, with its large terrace and views of the sea, was spectacular. Cape Town is great, but I must admit, it will be the thought of another stay at Blackheath Lodge that will make me want to get on that long plane ride to visit again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SHARON B
Bangkok
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Blackheath Lodge in September 2013. I read lots of review on this place and that's the main reason I decided to stay here. Honestly, it is my best decision! The staff were so kind, friendly and helpful. Though I planned everything in prior, they still checked on me if everything was alright. The only thing that could perhaps be changed was probably the change of the bed sheet. I was there for over a week and the bed sheet was never changed. But it was still a very pleasant experience and nice & cosy place to stay anyway!

As the place is located in Sea Point, it was easy to commute to several places. I would recommend anyone who is planning to visit Cape Town to stay here. You won't regret it!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ground_space
New Hudson, Michigan
Reviewed September 23, 2013

As soon as we walked into Blackheath, my husband and I knew we were going to love it. The hotel is located within a residential community roughly 3 blocks from the ocean and in a very safe neighborhood. We were immediately greeted with a welcome cocktail of our choice and received a quick tour of the grounds. What a cozy and funky place! It is very classy, yet colorful and a complete one of a kind. We were shown to our room which was very clean and warmly decorated. The grounds are sprinkled with community bars/sitting rooms in which all drinks are self poured and are paid for on an "honor system" which was very refreshing. Each room has free Wi-Fi and we felt beyond safe given you not only needed a key fab to open the main door, but each room obviously had its own lock, too. We decided to walk along the ocean to the V&A Waterfront Mall which took us about 45 minutes but was a beautiful and very safe journey. Breakfast in the morning started with a mini-buffet of quiche, toast and juices followed by our choice of a home made omlette (with any and all toppings you wanted) or scrambled eggs. The food was excellent and beautifully presented. My husband and I absolutely loved our night at Blackheath and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I had a very nice stay in Blackheath Lodge. We were in honeymoon and Cape Town is a good place for a romantic and adventure trip. Antony was an excellent guide. The room was confortable and the breakfast was simple but good. In our last day I lost my silver pendant in the Lodge. After that, my husband called to Antony and he sent my pendant to Brazil. I`m very happy to receive it. And I`m very grateful to Antony! I would like to come back, certainly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed in one of the superior rooms which was fantastic, my brother and his wife were upgraded to a beautiful room on the top floor which they were very pleased with. The atmosphere was very comforting and relaxing, the whole hotel is beautifully decorated and will definitely be where we will return to on our next visit to SA.
Antony was a gracious host who was genuinely interested in what you had planned for your day ,making suggestions of points of interest and things to try.
When we got engaged we were treated to celebratory drinks in the bar!
Nothing was too much to ask, the staff were friendly and did everything they could to make the stay as enjoyable as possible.
A most fantastic experience, including the pleasure of soda the cat visiting each morning for breakfast!

• Stayed August 2013
POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay
Victoria & Alfred Hotel
#25 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#31 of 109 in Cape Town Central

Been to Blackheath Lodge? Share your experiences!