“Great and friendly service you could ever find in Cape Town”
Review of Blackheath Lodge

Blackheath Lodge
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Bangkok
“Great and friendly service you could ever find in Cape Town”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Blackheath Lodge in September 2013. I read lots of review on this place and that's the main reason I decided to stay here. Honestly, it is my best decision! The staff were so kind, friendly and helpful. Though I planned everything in prior, they still checked on me if everything was alright. The only thing that could perhaps be changed was probably the change of the bed sheet. I was there for over a week and the bed sheet was never changed. But it was still a very pleasant experience and nice & cosy place to stay anyway!

As the place is located in Sea Point, it was easy to commute to several places. I would recommend anyone who is planning to visit Cape Town to stay here. You won't regret it!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ground_space

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
New Hudson, Michigan
Reviewed September 23, 2013

As soon as we walked into Blackheath, my husband and I knew we were going to love it. The hotel is located within a residential community roughly 3 blocks from the ocean and in a very safe neighborhood. We were immediately greeted with a welcome cocktail of our choice and received a quick tour of the grounds. What a cozy and funky place! It is very classy, yet colorful and a complete one of a kind. We were shown to our room which was very clean and warmly decorated. The grounds are sprinkled with community bars/sitting rooms in which all drinks are self poured and are paid for on an "honor system" which was very refreshing. Each room has free Wi-Fi and we felt beyond safe given you not only needed a key fab to open the main door, but each room obviously had its own lock, too. We decided to walk along the ocean to the V&A Waterfront Mall which took us about 45 minutes but was a beautiful and very safe journey. Breakfast in the morning started with a mini-buffet of quiche, toast and juices followed by our choice of a home made omlette (with any and all toppings you wanted) or scrambled eggs. The food was excellent and beautifully presented. My husband and I absolutely loved our night at Blackheath and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I had a very nice stay in Blackheath Lodge. We were in honeymoon and Cape Town is a good place for a romantic and adventure trip. Antony was an excellent guide. The room was confortable and the breakfast was simple but good. In our last day I lost my silver pendant in the Lodge. After that, my husband called to Antony and he sent my pendant to Brazil. I`m very happy to receive it. And I`m very grateful to Antony! I would like to come back, certainly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed in one of the superior rooms which was fantastic, my brother and his wife were upgraded to a beautiful room on the top floor which they were very pleased with. The atmosphere was very comforting and relaxing, the whole hotel is beautifully decorated and will definitely be where we will return to on our next visit to SA.
Antony was a gracious host who was genuinely interested in what you had planned for your day ,making suggestions of points of interest and things to try.
When we got engaged we were treated to celebratory drinks in the bar!
Nothing was too much to ask, the staff were friendly and did everything they could to make the stay as enjoyable as possible.
A most fantastic experience, including the pleasure of soda the cat visiting each morning for breakfast!

• Stayed August 2013
Brentwood Bay, BC
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Spent five nights at the lodge this past August. Had a great stay at this nicely located B & B in Cape Town. The staff were very good and they worked hard to met any need that cropped up. Lots of great restaurants nearby and they were more than happy to make reservations and call cabs as needed. We used the lodge's rental Mini Copper S one day and it was great fun traveling around town and down to Cape Point (go through Hout Bay via Chapman's Peak Rd... incredible!!)

Breakfast each day was included and featured the cereals, juices and pastries along with a complete hot breakfast. The attention to detail in the great room, bedrooms, breakfast area and lounge was fantastic.

We enjoyed our stay here and would not hesitate to recommend this great accommodation to anyone traveling to Cape Town.

Dave

Room Tip: Pool area looked great but as it's winter we didn't bring swim trunks :-)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I certainly believe the good reviews here, nonetheless, our experience was not exactly the same:
- Our room was pretty much the size of the bed + 40cm on each side
- Breakfast was limited until 10am (probably fine for most...)

The Mini convertible we had is nice and I certainly think that this is a good choice for most - but we would choose a different one for next time

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elian382
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We found the Blackheath Lodge to be a perfect compliment for our stay in Cape Town. Charle, Godfrey and the staff were absolutely fantastic. One of the greatest features was each room had its own cell phone for your use. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
#32 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#30 of 109 in Cape Town Central

Been to Blackheath Lodge? Share your experiences!