This was my first time in Cape Town and a good friend of mine recommended Blackheath Lodge. I was debating choosing a hotel with a view on waterfront or this one, and I'm so glad I chose Blackheath Lodge. There may be no view, but the lodge is so adorable and service so exceptional that I quickly forgot about the view and was very happy about the place. It is located in a quiet street, you can walk down to the beach area, and there are restaurants nearby or short taxi ride away.
Antony was really a real host, and so was the staff. You can see that they are happy to be working there, and the owners give back generously. They also have an education plan for their staff's children.
The entire place is decorated with so much attention to details, from the honour bar to the "do not disturb" sign! Very original. The breakfast was perfect.
I will have to return to Cape Town for an extensive visit, I was there only for 2 nights, and I would very much like to return to Blackheath Lodge.
Thank you for a very nice stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blackheath Lodge is a Victorian guest house situated below Signal Hill, a stone's throw from the city, Waterfront and well-known beaches. Stylish bedrooms, excellent personalized service and warm hospitality. Enjoy breakfast on the terrace overlooking the pool and garden. Come home to a sundowner after a busy day of sightseeing or power business dealings, safe in the knowledge that a quiet, comfortable night's sleep awaits you. Airport transfers. Credit Cards. Children 12+. TGCSA 4-Star Guest House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Blackheath Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackheath Hotel Cape Town Central
- Blackheath Cape Town
- Blackheath Lodge Cape Town, South Africa