1,972 results
All reviewssea pointlocal mobile phonesouth africahome away from homerestaurant recommendationsthe entire staffstay in cape townlittle touchescape pointcooked breakfastour honeymoondinner reservationspersonal servicewestern capecamps baya wonderful staytable mountain
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I must say staying at Blackheath Lodge is truly a Home away from Home. From the moment you arrive Antony, the Driver, and the entire staff greets you personally with open arms. I've been planning my trip to Cape Town for nearly 5 months and Antony made sure my stay was as smooth and fun filled as ever. All emails were answered on time and in full details. He arrange all my excursions and gave recommendation on things to do, restaurants, and nightlife - none were biased either. I stayed in the Orange Room - Room 9. Everything from the bed to the shower was totally on point.

Now this my seem very trivial, but out of all the hotels I've stayed in NEVER has the owner provided a local mobile device for my everyday use. This was indeed a great bonus.

The breakfast is absolutely amazing. It's definitely not your traditional continental set up like most places. And the staff - so so friendly and inviting.

I would recommend Blackheath to ANYONE traveling to Cape Town. I'm confused as to why it's not ranked number 1!

Thank you Antony!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I'm so happy we stayed at Blackheath while in Cape Town! The staff was incredibly helpful and very friendly. We were greeted with wine by the pool, very welcome after a long flight from NYC, and helped with directions, reservations, taxis, etc. throughout our stay. Breakfast is amazing and the adorable porch is a great place to rest for a couple of hours over some lovely South African wine. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We wish we could have stayed here for several more months! Excellent value. Charming boutique hotel, with welcoming and informative staff, a lovely and unique common area, a good wine selection, and cool rooms. We were up and gone before breakfast was served, but when we came back after a tour, we were offered a full selection of food and beverage instead. Lovely place!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Blackheath Lodge is a real home from home, beautifully furnished in a really indiviudal style with very comfortable bedrooms, lounge & pool areas. The whole team are really (and genuinely) friendly so you can properly relax and Antony & Michelle shared their tips for the best day trips & places to eat so we could make the most out of our short stay. The breakfasts were delicious with home baked treats to tempt you every morning. Antony also arranged accommodation for the rest of our holiday (in equally great guest lodges) and gave us a book of maps for our trip, we couldn't have asked for anything more.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2011

The Blackheath was cosy and comfortable and felt like home. When we remarked on how much we loved the strawberry crumble they gave us the recipe. Michelle & Jean Claude gave us great recommendations.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple