1,993 results
All reviews mobile phone sea point home away from home restaurant recommendations the entire staff stay in cape town south africa little touches cape point breakfast was delicious our honeymoon a wonderful place to stay personal service dinner reservations western cape lovely room camps bay
Reviewed August 31, 2011

If you are headed to Cape Town for holiday with friends, family, or significant other, look no further. This is the place for you! From the second you start the booking/inquiry process, you'll see the attention to detail and feel the warmth of the host Antony. Before we got there, we had many questions about excursions, car rentals, and tours. Antony gave us the breakdown of all of the options at various price ranges for us to decide. He is just wonderful that way!

The lodge is a very cozy and stylish B&B near Sea Point of Cape Town. It is located about a 10 minute cab ride from everything so it's a very central location. This lodge is located in a very quiet residential area of Cape Town so you're guaranteed the quiet relaxation you deserve on your holiday. The ocean is less than a 5 minute walk. The VA Waterfront is a quick taxi ride. Table Mountain and all the other attractions are close by too!

My friends and I booked 2 rooms at the lodge for a fun getaway after a business trip. We were so fortunate to have gotten the 2 newly upgraded room at the lodge. Room 1 at the lodge is right next to the front door but there is an additional door to buffer all noise from the hallway. Furniture in the room is not only super comfortable, but very stylish as well. It's definitely the wonderful taste of Jean Claude and Antony mixed in! The bathrooms are marvelous as well with luxury toiletries and a heated towel rack. There is a chaise in the room for reading a book or relaxing during the day. Internet is absolutely free at the resort and you can use it anywhere you like. Each room comes with a TV and a DVD player if you ever find the need to watch a movie.

Breakfast is superb at Blackheath! I find that the apple crumble is the most amazing item ever and I helped myself to more than my fair share. The chef will make eggs to order, but you should put in the order as soon as you arrive to not wait in a long queue. There are a variety of freshly baked goods, cheeses, meats, cereals, and anything you could possibly want. The dining hall overlooks the pool so it's got a great view while you dine.

I think what sets Blackheath apart from any other resorts I've stayed in is the warmth and hospitality of the hosts - Jean Claude and Antony. Antony will make sure all of your trip details are perfect. He's a bit of a perfectionist himself if you look at the details of the lodge. He helped us with our car rental and mapped out our entire drive down to the cape of good hope. He pointed out all of the stops to make and the places to dine. Jean Claude is sweet as well and he offered to walk me at night when I didn't feel safe walking to the store alone. He will help with all the takeaway orders or give you the best dinner reservations on a Friday night! The other two hosts, Soda & Lime, are absolutely fantastic as well. They are the tabby cats of the owners and they pretty much stay close to Antony all day so you don't have to worry about allergies. Those are the sweetest cats and make the stay just that much more fun!

Thank you Antony and Jean Claude for everything! I'm so sorry for the delay in this review but I wanted to make sure I did you justice.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Joy S
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed here for a week combining business trip with holiday - couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

Great breakfasts, helpful hosts, friendly staff, clean rooms, pleasant atmosphere - close to everything.

Definitely recommended and hope to visit again sometime!

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We spent two nights in Cape Town at Blackheath Lodge and it was simply perfect!!!
The lodge is really nice!!! It is positioned in a quiet area, which is such an important feature when you stay in Cape Town! Breakfast is fantastic!!! The room was so cool, very big and well furnished!!!!
And the owner, Antony, is one of the most friendly people we've ever met: he has been very very kind to us!!! Believe me: it's wonderful to stay at Blackheath!!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I have visited Blackheath Lodge on 3 occasions now in the past 6 months, and each time I have been impressed by the lodge and its talented team. Its a little oasis with an absolutely impressive level of detail... From the smart modern and luxurious individually detailed rooms with some little personal tocuhes that make all the difference to its relaxing pool area to the team's outstanding customer service and knowledge of Cape Town and beyond, it ticks the boxes on every level...
The team are simply brilliant, and nothing is a problem, but they think of everything, so nothing ever becomes a problem... Very few places I can say that about... (and great breakfast... looked forward to it every day) I would recommend this little jewel to anyone visiting Cape Town, whether for business or for pleasure.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Paul J
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Lovely guest house located in a relaxant place. The breakfast on the inside garden is unforgivable and the staff is great. Really recommended.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple