“Another great find--compliments of Trip Advisor recommendations!”
Review of Blackheath Lodge

Blackheath Lodge
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Quaint boutique hotel in quiet residential area for the last two nights of our fabulous trip in the Cape Town area. Great relaxing stop following our active safari at Sanbona. Lovely little garden area, good breakfasts, cute garden patio off our room, great location--within walking distance of the seafront and a short cab ride to the V&A waterfront and other Cape Town sights. As almost everywhere we went, extremely helpful and pleasant staff. Free wi-fi too! Antony's restaurant recommendations for two nights were not on our list--yet they were amongst the best two meals of our stay (Pepenero and Il Leone).

Reviewed May 19, 2011

Antony and all the staff we met at Blackheath lodge were welcoming, charming and helpful above and well beyond the usual call of duty! We even had a cookery demonstration for two when we complimented the cook on her breakfast.
This is a beautiful Victorian House tastefully modernised and conveniently situated. One night would never be enough!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I was traveling with my colleagues, who were from London and I was coming from the US, we were doing 2 1/2 weeks in Cape Town. We had planned to stay together, but they booked somewhere else and I found out the last minute I didn't have a hotel room. So, I went on good ole' Trip Advisor and saw the rave reviews about BlackHeath Lodge. They had a room for two nights so I booked it. It turned out to be the best place I had ever stayed in Cape Town. I have been to the city several times and I am glad I found this gem. It will be the only place I stay when I go back.

My hosts - Anthony, John and Michelle are just awesome people. I fell in love with them from the beginning. I loved this place so much that 10 days later into my trip, I came back and spent 3 more nights. The wait staff was tremendous, attentive and they treat you like royalty. The place is spotless, warm and inviting.The breakfast is delicious, healthy and plentiful. Internet is free, and great for business travel as well. The lodge is very close to everything and I enjoyed walking to the waterfront from the property. It is close to Sea Point, minutes from the water. As a matter of fact the night manager, Jean Claude scolded me for walking the distance. He insisted i take a taxi.

Thank you team for a fabulous time! I will never forget this experience. It made my trip so much more memorable. I gave a 4 star for the location because the roads are very tight in the area and if you have a car it can be difficult to park. But as I mentioned to Jean Claude, you don't really doing need a car if you are staying at the Lodge. I also experience the car service that the lodge provides to the airport. It is cozy with a professional driver, and worth the expense. The driver got me to the airport in plenty of time to catch my flight.

Thank you Anthony and John for arranging a rental car for me for Saturday to meet my appointment in Claremont; and also thank you for putting up with me on Sunday to check out a little later while I returned the car, and got lost! You will see me sooner than you think. Thanks again.

I would definitely recommend this property to anyone who enjoys quality!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Blackhealth was recommended to us by friends of friends. We were hesitant because we are usually big resort, Westin/Hiton type people, but we booked here for 2 nights and we were amazed. The service was above and beyond. Everything taken care of to tee. our laundry, airport booking, dinner bookings etc were all fantastic.
The room are very nice and beds are divine to sleep in. The rooms even come with a mobile phone for you to use on your stay.
Michelle and John Claude were fantastic help and we cannot wait to return!!

Reviewed May 14, 2011

The Blackheath Lodge was our home for 3 nights in Cape Town and we would return in a heartbeat. The lodge is personal, small, quaint, and boasts excellent service and unique features such as included wifi internet in the rooms (unlimited). At first we were concened that our room would be to noisy (right by the front door), but in the end the lodge is a mostly quiet place were we rested wonderfully. Most ipressive was that Michelle, Antony, and John (I even remember all their names!) personally helped us plan our visit day by day, making restaurant recommendations, giving us driving directions, calling taxis. When we were uncertain about the directions, they were reassuring and even lent us a GPS for the day at not cost. They have thought of almost everything to make your stay amazing including a local cell phone for your use waiting for you in the room! We thought this was an amazing touch that made us feel safer, and more connected in this amazing city. The breakfast is delicious and served on a wonderful veranda overlooking the pool. They also have two friendly cats. The Blackheath Lodge surpassed our expectations, the room was extremely well priced and the personal service was unparalleled on our entire trip. Sea Point is a little out of the way and not very walkable, but this is not a problem with easy taxi and/or rental vehicle. Go stay at Blackheath, we will when we return to Cape Town.

Reviewed May 13, 2011

Great little B & B with an incredible breakfast offering. Staff went above and beyond with recommendations and help. Check the laundry prices before you use this service though.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2011

very helpful staff, comfortable with a touch of cosy trendiness.
Owners willing to give up part of their revenues to a good cause close to their heart (children education) and able to leverage it with (completely) voluntary contributions by guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Town Central
City Bowl
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
#5 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Cape Grace
#7 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#31 of 110 in Cape Town Central
POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay
One&Only Cape Town
#12 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
#33 of 110 in Cape Town Central

Been to Blackheath Lodge? Share your experiences!