I was in two minds about going to this backpackers so I only booked in for a weekend...and ended up staying for the rest of my trip! Yes the bedrooms are not the most glamorous I've ever seen but how much time do you plan to stay in there? The bedrooms were clean, the price was very reasonable and the people were great. If you don't like to have a good drink with fun people until the late hours then don't stay here. But if you're looking for somewhere you can meet new friends, chat to the friendly staff and have lots of laughs then this is the place for you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the Cheapest beer on Long Street & a Unforgettable Experience, you've found the right place!! 'If Long Street is the heart of Cape Town, then Long Street Backpackers is the soul, overflowing with creative energy and positive vibes.' - Coast to Coast Backpackers' Guide. We were established in 1993, the first hostel on Long Street. Ever since then it has been our pleasure to offer a sociable, fun atmosphere to our guests. Our free vegetable potjie (traditional stew), every Sunday evening, should not be missed. We have a large, self service kitchen, poolroom, bar, TV room with satellite TV and two big balconies to watch the world go by. Our dorms range from two beds to a maximum of 10 beds. We also have single, double or twin rooms. We can arrange all day tours,garden route tours, adventure tours, safari's, overland trips, car rental, Baz Bus tickets and much much more from our travel desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Long Street Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Street Backpackers Hotel Cape Town Central
- Long Street Backpackers Cape Town, South Africa