Cape Cadogan is one of my best hotel experiences ever, in 20 years of travelling and staying in large and boutique hotels around the world.
The service is outstanding. Every member of the staff is friendly, welcoming and incredibly helpful. Nothing is too much trouble and every requirment is taken care of immediately. This is my first experience in South Africa and if all the hotels are like this then I will be a very happy tourist!
The hotel itself is lovely, they have captured the essence of the grand old colonial home and turned it into a lovely little hotel. The lounge has a fire burning all day and evening. The complimentary port and sherry served after 6pm, plates of tiny cup cakes and other complimentary snacks make a quiet drink in the loung a very pleasant way to unwind after a day of sight seeing.
The rooms are plain and simply furnished and not large but comfortable and provide everything that is necessary.
The location is good; we were told to stay at the Waterfront and I am glad we came here instead. Located in the Gardens, there are lots of restaurants within a 2 minute walk of the hotel. Plus it is a less touristy and commercial area than the Waterfront.
The breakfast here is also excellent, the croissants are amazing.
If you want a great hotel experience in Cape Town you absolutely cannot go past this place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a rare combination of historic exteriors with classic modern bohemian interiors, it was ‘Victorianised’ in 1912 and declared a National Monument in 1984. Its charm and character is matched with its desirable location amongst the popular restaurants, street cafes and stylish boutique shops of Kloof Street, the heart of Cape Town. More Cape Cadogan is owned and managed by the More Hotels Private Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Prestigia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cape Cadogan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cape Cadogan Hotel Cape Town Central
- The Cape Town Cadogan
- The Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Cadogan Cape Town, South Africa