We very much enjoyed our time in this boutique hotel. We were in The Villa and it was just beautiful. It has a large lounge, adjoining dining arean and a large kitchen. Outside it has its own pool and sun bathing area. Upstairs there is a large double bedroom with a bath and shower - all very nice.
We found the staff to be very helpful and they assisted us in organising a number of trips and taxis etc.
It is a little way out of the centre of Cape Town along Kloof Street, but the area seemed OK - we walked out at night, although not too far and I think as long as you are sensible you are not likely to come to any harm. There are some restaurants along Kloof St, we found Arnolds, which served steaks, seafood and traditional South Africa meats - very reasonably priced. We also ate at the Waterfront at The Green Dolphin, which included jazz entertainment and had lunch at Den Anker a Belgain restaurant!
Overall we enjoyed Cape Codogan and would recommend staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a rare combination of historic exteriors with classic modern bohemian interiors, it was ‘Victorianised’ in 1912 and declared a National Monument in 1984. Its charm and character is matched with its desirable location amongst the popular restaurants, street cafes and stylish boutique shops of Kloof Street, the heart of Cape Town. More Cape Cadogan is owned and managed by the More Hotels Private Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cape Cadogan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cape Cadogan Hotel Cape Town Central
- The Cape Town Cadogan
- The Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Cadogan Cape Town, South Africa