“So good we came back”

Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Banbury
“So good we came back”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Second visit here in two years and cannot say anything bad about the hotel. We had room 8 which is upstairs and has a small balcony with views of table mountain. The room and bathroom were extremely spacious and very comfortable and the location of the hotel is superb for a wide variety of restaurants within easy walking distance. All the staff are eager to please but special mention must go to Simone who was like a ray of sunshine on some quite wet days when we were there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dirk J, Assistant Operations Manager at Cape Cadogan, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
It is always a pleasure to welcome guests back to Cape Cadogan! Thank you for the great review, Cemone is indeed a ray of sunshine and I will pass these kind words on to her. I hope to welcome you back to Cape Cadogan in the future.

Kind Regards,
Dirk Jacobs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
California
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This small boutique hotel was perfect for our Cape Town stay. The building is beautiful, but the staff sets this hotel apart from many of the others at which we have stayed. They were friendly and helpful without being intrusive. The hotel is in a good location – away from the tourist crush but with convenient access to the major sights. One of the best things is the number of good restaurants within walking distance. These seem to be mostly family businesses with great food, in our view better than many of the big name restaurants that we also went to. Let the staff be your guide.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #1. The room was a reasonable size, but the high ceilings made the room seem bigg...
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel staff are very helpful, attention to detail is exceptional,breakfast was delicious, rooms are big and the the main lounge area has a fire and canapes are served each night. A shuttle runs to the V&A waterfront and there are many restaurants to within safe walking distance for dinner. We stayed 4 nights in August 2013 just wonderful

Room Tip: Highly recommend rooms on level 1
Tavistock, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at The Cape Cadogan while touring South Africa and were delighted with it. It was our home while in Capetown and has a great location. Just a few steps away you can see Tabletop Mountain. There was a wonderful lounge to have drinks with our friends before setting off during the evening. The outdoor dining for breakfast was really pretty. The food was great !! Our room was perfect, bed was very comfortable and every night upon our return to the room we found a special treat waiting for us - every day it was different! I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Capetown.

Room Tip: As far as I could see, every room had its' own merits, so I wouldn't recommend one over anot...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I spent four nights at The Cape Cadogan Hotel during May, 2013. It is a beautiful property that is well run and provides lovely service to travellers needing a home away from home. I had a deluxe room that offered plenty of space for the in-room therapist who gave me some beauty treatments during my stay. I was very happy with my stay and would recommend the hotel to others. The price was also extremely competitive for the type of establishment it is.
My only concern being a single and independent traveller is that walking around Cape Town is not exactly comfortable after dark. The hotels location is about 20 minutes walk from the waterfront and being a solo female traveller who is used to walking everywhere whilst travelling I did feel self conscious and not comfortable after dark. This meant that I was constantly using taxis for getting around town which are not expensive but meant that I was not able to get a good feel of the city. Because of this I would probably stay at the waterfront next time due to the security presence which meant that I felt more confident walking around with my camera equipment and getting to and from local waterfront restaurants during the evening.
The breakfast was fantastic and a great start to my full days of sight seeing. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and always able to offer great advice during my stay.

Room Tip: The room I was in was up some stairs and out the back. During the weekend it was a little noisy bec...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and stayed here after reading some of the reviews. I can't really say anything bad about it. It was a good value for the money and we loved the area we were in. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We loved the breakfast and the room we stayed in had just been redone. I would definitely recommend this place if you like boutique hotels.

The only downside to this hotel is there are only a few spaces and the rest is on street parking, but we never had any issues parking near the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
new york, new york
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed at the Cape Cadogan for two nights during our honeymoon in South Africa. It was a beautiful hotel with very friendly service. We really enjoyed the port and sherry before dinner by the fire and the very plentiful breakfast each morning. We had the upstairs room with the little balcony. The room was spacious, with a great big bathroom and had a great view of Table Mountain from the balcony. The shuttle was very helpful go get around to the waterfront and Simone was very accommodating. The personal note in our room wishing us a good honeymoon was a really nice touch. Overall, this was a very pretty hotel with great service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple