On our previous trip to Cape Town, we stayed at a very lovely B&B in the suburbs. This time, we asked our travel agent to suggest a location closer to the city centre and waterfront. She recommended two large hotels -- plus the Cape Cadogan. Thankfully, we made the right choice! Our 4-day stay at the Cape Cadogan turned out to be the perfect finale to a very busy trip through South Africa. The location, the service, the ambiance and amenities simply exceeded our expectations in every way.
First of all, we had the extreme good fortune to be housed in the owners' villa, which is only available on occasion. This suite is without doubt the most stylish, spacious and comfortable accommodation we have ever enjoyed on our travels, without being "over the top" in any way. The suite was beautiful and tranquil, which a charming private courtyard providing an oasis in the middle of one of the world's most vibrant cities. But that was only one aspect of the "WOW Factor" we experienced at the Cape Cadogan.
We found the staff to be outstanding from the moment we were greeted by Allen on arrival, to the amazing service provided by operations manager Jisca in orchestrating a catered evening for our Cape Town friends, to the friendly greeting we received from Monica in the breakfast room each morning. Staff members here are, by and large, young -- but they are among the most consummate professionals we've ever encountered in the hospitality industry. We enjoyed 6-star service right across the board.
We loved the location. A restored historic home, within walking distance to all the tourist things we enjoyed -- and with a staff who provided just the right guidance on what to do, where to go, etc., without ever being intrusive.
This is a unique and special place in a fabulous city. We could not have asked for more -- except a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a rare combination of historic exteriors with classic modern bohemian interiors, it was ‘Victorianised’ in 1912 and declared a National Monument in 1984. Its charm and character is matched with its desirable location amongst the popular restaurants, street cafes and stylish boutique shops of Kloof Street, the heart of Cape Town. More Cape Cadogan is owned and managed by the More Hotels Private Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Cape Cadogan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cape Cadogan Hotel Cape Town Central
- The Cape Town Cadogan
- The Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Cadogan Cape Town, South Africa