The pre-trip prep started out with a LOT of helpful advice/arrangements from manager Andy. He was away during our stay but backed up by equally excellent advice from Kevita and Daen on-site.
This is a very small, boutique hotel that looks and feels like a large home complete with post dinner sherry in the sitting room.
If you are looking for a Hilton, the Cape Cadogan, isn't it. This is classic Georgian style home with thoroughly modern AC, bathrooms, bedding, etc. right off a main restaurant drag though quite a (daytime) walk from Victoria Wharf and not an area in which you would go for a run.
If we were to do it again, we'd definitely stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a rare combination of historic exteriors with classic modern bohemian interiors, it was ‘Victorianised’ in 1912 and declared a National Monument in 1984. Its charm and character is matched with its desirable location amongst the popular restaurants, street cafes and stylish boutique shops of Kloof Street, the heart of Cape Town. More Cape Cadogan is owned and managed by the More Hotels Private Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Prestigia, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Cape Cadogan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cape Cadogan Hotel Cape Town Central
- The Cape Town Cadogan
- The Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Cadogan Cape Town, South Africa