“Early Friday night quick dinner”
Review of True Italic

True Italic
Ranked #161 of 1,325 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

Very friendly and good service in a laidback homely , comfortable place - definitely not fine dining. Homemade pasta and a distinctly Sicilian twist.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 17, 2019

First off, the food is absolutely phenomenal! Authentic Italian food with rich flavours, and the menu changes often so there is always a new dish to try. The atmosphere is rustic and romantic - great for a date night. Service is good. The menu is a bit pricey, but so worth it. Cannot wait to go back.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

With no preconceived ideas (nor prior booking), we visited this establishment on Thursday night last week. The virtually (initially) empty restaurant should have warned us.....sorry but this is simply a waste of an opportunity. An opportunity to create s warm genuine Italian restaurant in this part of Cape Town. The service was at best prompted (it certainly never occurred without us asking), never mind the ambience but the lighting is dismal for reading a menu, the food was seriously tasteless and bland, the the service continued to be disinterested and the owner (pointed out to us) was even more uninvolved. He walked past our table on a number of occasions and sat in the kitchen looking bored. I wouldn’t bother going there again, what a serious disappointment, reflected throughout by the attitude of the owner....

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 24, 2019 via mobile

Lovely Italian trattoria feeling. Antipasti platter the best I’ve ever had. The gnocchi was feartherlight and delicious. Melanzane Pamigiana wholesome and satisfying. Good well priced Italian wines. Have recommended this restaurant to so many people !

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

I stumble upon this restaurant thanks to a glowing recommendation. When I arrived I was greeted with a cozy and inviting space. I was warmly greet and immediately seated. I ordered the gnocchi with ragu. It was very good. The gnocchi were perfectly cooked and would have pleased my Italian mother-in-law whose homemade gnocchi were her pride and joy. The sauce was excellent and I would have liked to try it on the homemade pasta. I had the afogato for dessert. Yummy. A special shou out to “Vee” my server who was truly enchanting and to Luca the chef and owner. A native of Ferrara with Sicilian roots. Keep up the good work! It was a pleasure to meet you.

Date of visit: December 2018