We arrived at Abbey Manor after nearly 24 hours of travel and lost luggage near midnight. The next morning the staff was superb serving hot and cold breakfast. Judy manages the manor and she goes above and beyond with each guest. She drew maps and made suggestions for Cape Town's must see as well as making sure we had the phone number to a preferred taxi company. She spent all day on the phone with British Air trying to track down our lost bag. Something that was both impressive as well as above and beyond. Even offering to loan us a jacket while we were here. The rooms are tasteful and cozy, with a large modern bathroom. It's about a 30 minute walk to downtown area but certainly quite doable and pleasant. The view of Table Mtn is spectacular. Our room had a lovely balcony with Table Mtn again in full view.
We thank them for their gracious service and highly highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abbey Manor is a luxury guesthouse set high on the foothills of Table Mountain, overlooking the splendor of Cape Town. Centrally located, Abbey Manor offers sumptuous rooms - each individually decorated - offering dramatic views of the city, ocean, or majestic mountains, and cater to the highest level of comfort. Offering free WiFi Internet connection, gourmet breakfast, every room air-conditioned and unique, secluded solar heated swimming pool, airport pickup and drop off. Built more than a hundred years ago, Abbey Manor imparts an immediate feeling of grandeur and old-world charm, therefore we do not have a lift. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Abbey Manor Luxury Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abbey Manor Luxury Guesthouse Hotel Cape Town Central
- Abbey Manor Luxury Guesthouse Cape Town, South Africa