“Inconsistent”

Truth Coffee HQ
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Truth Coffee is first and foremost a coffee roastery. We pride ourselves on artisan coffee. Secondly it is a steampunk cafe, named by MSN Travel UK's Tom Midlane, the best coffee shop in the world" and the Guardian Newspaper said, "Probably the coolest cafe in the World"
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have been 3 times recently and at different times and found the quality a little inconsistent. The food has been excellent but the brew not so, cold coffee once and the Americano depends on who makes it. The Latte has always been great. The service is slow, did not bother me as I am never in a rush, but would most likely be an issue to others.

iteachcoffee, Owner at Truth Coffee HQ, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

We are distressed to read your response, we take enormous pride in our coffee, and endeavour to keep our game up. We apologise for any inconsistency and will seriously revisit our quality control methodology, from your review.

Regarding service we have made huge changes in training and hiring lately, and hope we have cured that ill...

Please revisit some time?

Reviewed May 19, 2014

My daughter suggested this restaurant as she had really enjoyed the food and unique layout of this place.
Really great coffee and food. The service was great too!

1  Thank VLG09
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Although uber trendy and greatest Resurrection blend of coffee, sadly this experience is tainted by slow service. Perhaps more staff are required on a Saturday presumably their busiest day.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

First of all - great coffee! Second of all - great coffee! The steampunk themed decor looks great and manages to give the place a nice identity without completely overpowering the place. We enjoyed the buzz of the people, the service was great and have I mentioned the coffee...?

1  Thank iAmSparticus
Reviewed May 12, 2014

upon hearing we were going to Cape Town I did a Google search of places to go. Truth coffee popped up with a funky HDR photo, and thus the decision was made 'I have to visit this place!' And I'm so glad we did! The blog that I found claims "the best coffee in the world" and it's not called Truth Coffee for nothing, as it most certainly is a damn good cup of coffee. One of those cups that is the right amount of creaminess to coffee ratio and is the perfect temperature to drink straight away. It is so good that I didn't even need to add sugar (which I usually do), furthermore we returned the next day to grab a coffee-to-go on the way to the airport.

What adds to the experience is the decor and ambiance. The steampunk motif works exceptionally well. Even the doorman/car attendant is dressed the part in his velvet top hat. I recommend you follow the signs to The Little Hattery up the road (a short walk) to have a chat and see more magnificent works of art in hats. The Little Hattery is where the coffee stewards attire originates from. This encompasses the essence of Cape Town; the creative and arty nature of the beautiful city. The food was tasty too!

1  Thank Johberg_Diner