“Funky steam punk with good cofee”
Review of Truth Coffee HQ

Truth Coffee HQ
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Truth Coffee is first and foremost a coffee roastery. We pride ourselves on artisan coffee. Secondly it is a steampunk cafe, named by MSN Travel UK's Tom Midlane, the best coffee shop in the world" and the Guardian Newspaper said, "Probably the coolest cafe in the World"
Reviewed May 4, 2014

A good place for breakfast in the Cape Town city centre. Interesting decor combined with dramatic lighting, good (possibly the best) coffee and superb croissants, and a very laid back vibe could easily make this place a favourite. Combine that with their version of eggs benedict or mushrooms on sour dough toast and you have a certain winner.

1  Thank Chris181054
Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stopped here while visiting Cape Town. Funky little place with incredible coffee. Loved the cream designs. We didn't have lunch but pastries were yummy. good service. You have to pay to park near there with the parking marshall. Half the price of any Starbucks in the US.

1  Thank LorraineAG
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Myself and girlfriend went for a breakfast this morning. We had a terrible experience. First off we waited 10 plus minutes before a waiter came to our table. Once they did we asked for menus and it took another 10min and 3 different waiters later to eventually place our order. When our coffees came my spoon was a used spoon and dirty my milk never came, we weren't offered sugar and my girlfriend had to get up and fetch her own. We then received our food and ordered more coffee and cool drinks. When they came my girlfriends glass was dirty and looked as if it was not washed after someone had orange juice, still had lipstick lip marks on the glass, after seeing this my girlfriend rightfully so would not drink out the glass. And "wasted" half an appletizer. When we brought this all to our waitrons attention she apologized and went to tell her manager, he didn't come to our table remove anything off the bill, he obviously thought that sending over a free coffee couple was good enough.

The "truth" is I doubt I would go back or recommend it to anyone

iteachcoffee, Owner at Truth Coffee HQ, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Dear Everyday_Dinner

We offer a humble apology for the less than satisfactory service you and your girlfriend received recently. It was an awfully busy day being a public holiday, but none the less, this is no excuse as this is not the manner in which we wish our customers to be treated at any point in time. We are always striving towards excellence and the matter shall be taken up, a level further. We truly hope you will visit us again in the near future whereupon you may allow us to make it up to you and your girlfriend?

Best regards
The TRUTH Team

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Not just the good coffee, the wifi service is excellence here. You can received the signal even when standing across the building. Nice place to chill out. Interiors is awesome. The owner put in lots of thoughts and work into the space.
Staffs were friendly and attentive. Prices are similar to those within CBD.

1  Thank Arthur8998
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The range of coffee at Truth is fantastic. My partner absolutely adores coffee, I'm not the biggest fan, but Truth won me over. The staff are wonderful and willing to make coffee to your most specific expectations, which is great for a fuss-pot like me. The atmosphere is amazing. The entire scene is steampunk inspired, from the bare, grunge interior walls, to the exposed elaborate brass coffee machinery, to the mix-matched eclectic odds and ends used to decorate the place. To top it all off all of the staff are wearing steampunk inspired clothing! Of course the coffee there would be absolutely perfect in the depths of winter, but I can tell you that even in the blaring heat of summer, the ice coffee they do is also amazing. When we went they even had light spritzing of water mist as you walked in, which was very welcome after walking around Cape Town all day in the heat. I am yet to dine at Truth HQ but I can tell you the food looks amazing and would be perfect for brunch! Its a must for coffee connoisseurs!

1  Thank Grace P