“The only real Tapas Restaurant in Cape Town”

La Parada Bree Street
Ranked #97 of 1,196 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2014

There is a big number of so called Tapas Restaurants in Cape Town. So far La Parada is the only one where I have found authentic spanish Tapas. Look, Taste and Style. The pricing is reasonable and the service good.

1  Thank Juergen e

Reviewed July 7, 2014

If you starving, don't go here. Tapas type of food, so I was very disappointed. Even though I ordered about 20 or more prawns, I was still hungry. it tasted ok tho' , or was it because I was hungry. one of my colleagues ordered a steak med rare, and it was served charcoal. I mean really? oh, did I mention that the food took over an hour and nobody even came to apologise.

Guess because we were 10 people. Is that an excuse?

If you just want to go for a drink and watch a game on the tv at the far back that we couldn't even see, I guess then it will be ok.

Will not be back

2  Thank Donnejop
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Fillet with fruit sauce, amazing. SA is known for it's meats and this place does not disappoint. They could do with more juices and non alcoholic drinks though.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Loved the festive atmosphere and youthful viberance of La Parada. Food was excellent and nicely portioned. We had 2 of the shrimp special and several tapas...more than enough food for 9 of us.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Cape Town, Sunday lunch, not too hungry after a late(ish) breakfast but fancy something "picky"? That was us today. Having driven past this newish restaurant several times in the early evening, it is not hard to see the popularity, packed and buzzing inside and the pavement tables also full. We menu offered selections of genuine Spanish Tapas, Mains and Deserts with a wholesome variation of meat and fish dishes. We chose 3 Tapas to share, for 2 persons - calamari tubes, prawn coquettes and chick peas with chorizo. The wait of about 20mins with only 5 tables occupied seemed a bit odd, but was well worth the wait. The super-tender calamri in a salsa verde dressing with bread was delicious, the prawn coquettes super-tasty (but couldn't see a lot of prawn in there) and the hot chorizo with chick peas was certainly a full portion! The food service was slow but the waiters are attentive for the drinks side. We watched other tables courses being presented and the size and visual presentation of the mains was impressive. Certainly shall be re-visiting, next time with friends as the relaxed atmosphere, long tables for communal eating, plenty of local beer at the bar - is shouting out "party-time"!