“Great family day out!”

Cape Town City Pass including 3-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Wild life sanctuary and home to a wide variety of bird life.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I last visited World of Birds on a visit to Cape Town about 25 years ago and what a transformation! The place is much bigger now and there is so much more to see, in fact we didn't manage to see everything as the children were so tired after about 5 hours of having fun..
On arrival, we enjoyed a light lunch of toasted sandwiches or pies with chips in the cafe which was good value and the service was fine. We had a 3 year old and and 16 month old with us and they greatly enjoyed the 2 rocking horses provided by the cafe while they were waiting for their meals.
The place isn't easy to get round with a stroller as there are lots of spring doors to keep the birds and animals inside. We loved the interaction with the squirrel monkeys!
The toilets were clean and well-manage but I did tell the attendant that the ladies, toilets need a hook for handbags - not nice to have to put them on the floor!
They are doing a wonderful job of conservation here with many species of bird having been rescued. Highly recommended for a great day out!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Fun for the Whole Family,World Class Bird and Wild Life Habitat.Its our Second Vist I think we enjoyed it as much as the Children.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

World of birds is an excellent attraction to visit when in cape town. The people running the place clearly do some great work to give a good home to the birds and animals they care for. I've visited a lot of similar places before but this was different in that you could walk in to the aviaries with so many different types of birds. Usually things like owls and hawks would be at a distance and behind fences but this place allows you to walk through over 100 aviaries without any barriers between you and the birds, with very few exceptions. It's a huge help when trying to take some decent photographs.
The place had a lot more species than I expected to see and the squirrel monkey enclosure was a real treat. The small café at the entrance served good food and on leaving the park I was happy to leave as big a donation as I could to help them continue their good work. It's somewhere i'll be returning to on my next trip to cape town.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Went for the second time on Sunday, really loved that it allows you to get close to some of the most amazing birds. Monkeys where a huge treat and had a couple trying to investigate my bag! Very well done and amazing is the fact that most of these are rescue birds... wow awesome place for the family to go visit.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I had an awesome time visiting this place. The birds were so pretty and seem so happy. The main attraction was the monkeys. If you get there at feeding time, you will be in for a treat.
One of my favorite attractions in Cape Town.

1  Thank 1037thebeat