“Excellent service”

Ranked #99 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent service”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had the misfortune to become ill while staying here and can't say enough kind things about the staff! Exceedingly helpful calling a doctor, changing my booking, running errands and generally taking care of me at a difficult time.

Other reviews have commented that the room decor is perhaps in need of updating, but I found it thoroughly functional and comfortable - certainly within what I'd expect of a 3 star hotel/ this price point.

In sum: a great value hotel with 5 star service for a 3 star price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed June 14, 2013

A very Nice hotel. Reasonable prices and good breakfast. Only stayed for 2 nights but will surely come back again. Staff was very nice and helpful, helped us to book a trip to the Cape of Good Hope and shark feeding. The location is very convinient.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
melbourne
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

After 3 flights, (21 hours) & an error with my online booking (third party) I was just wanting to sleep!
Staff were helpful & I got to my room.. Oh not so great.. But fear not i changed room the next morning, your sleeping experience is very room dependent at this establishment in my opinion.
Breakfast was of a good standard but exactly the same every day! This I guess I understand as its the kind of hotel that attracts big groups that arrive in big buses! The manager made me laugh on a daily basis in a good sincere way I promise! Even though she charged me more than my Internet booking even though she saw the error & knew it was no fault if mine.. Normally I would protest but I liked my new room & she did make me laugh after all!

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel is located in a convenient location in Cape Town, very close to the famous Mount Nelson hotel.

I stayed in 2 room during my stay and there was good, bad and ugly. Let me start with the good:

1. The breakfast buffet is very nice with lots of choice.
2. I liked the 24 hour tea, coffee, ice tea in the lobby area (there are no kettles in the rooms).
3. There is secure parking (albeit for a charge) which is very handy.
4. There is free wifi in the lobby although no wifi in the rooms.
5. One of my rooms had a very nice view of table mountain. The other room had no view and almost no window.

The bad:
1. The hotel looks grubby and in need of a full refurbishment / update.
2. The reception area smells of cigarrete smoke.
3. The TVs in the room are very small with a very limited choice of channels.

The ugly:
1. The rooms were not properly cleaned (which is unusual for South Africa). There was dried urine on the toilet seat and what I thought were cracks on the tiles were actually hair from a previous resident. Pretty yukky!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view and some of the rooms on the lower floors pick up the internet from the l...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in August 2012. The hotel is quiet and nice to just north of the center of Cape Town. It is within walking distance of the harbor, but we chose to take a taxi. Staff was very nice and helpful, helped us to book a trip to the Cape of Good Hope among others. Breakfast was good, and you can order all kinds of eggs. Large and comfortable bed, air conditioning and TVs. The only problem we had was getting charged cell phone and batteries. Can definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
CapeGirl20, Owner at Lady Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank You so much for your nice review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Lady Hamilton Hotel. The location is ideal for exploring Cape Town.

We strive to give our guests a comfortable stay with exceptional service. Our breakfast gets many praises. Thank you for yours.

I trust you made good use of our Free Wireless Internet that we provide for our customers in our public areas.

We hope to see you back at the Lady Hamilton Hotel soon again.

Manja Jaspers
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The 3* Hotel is in 'Gardens', very near the Mount Nelson Hotel and Kloof St. It has a garage and swiming pool and restaurant with a choice of other eating places nearby, the hotel breakfast caters for all tastes and is good. The Staff are excellent,nothing seems too much trouble. The bedrooms are comfortable with good shower/toilets en suite , all this at a bargain price. Having stayed in several Cape Town Hotels over the years the Lady Hamilton beats them all in value for money. I would .certainly stay there again

Room Tip: Knowing there is no lift I requested, and was given, ground floor room.If mobility is a problem I su...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor about the Lady Hamilton Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am pleased that you made good use of our parking facilities, swimming pool and terrace. Our breakfasts are varied, always fresh and plentyful.

Our rooms are comfortable with good bathroom facilities, the views from the bedrooms vary from Table Mountain to the swimming pool.

I appreciate your very kind review and the Lady Hamilton Hotel looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manja Jaspers
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as the beginning of a tour. For the price of the room, it was good value for money but the rooms could do with a make over. The staff were friendly and helpful. However the outside areas (pool) were not as clean as they could have been and we didn't feel enticed to swim. We didn't find the location all that handy to the waterfront....however the plus was that it was within walking distance to the lovely company gardens and the museum...which had a fantastic wildlife exhibition on. Also within walking distance was a stop for the hop on hop off tourist bus...which took us all around Capetown and up to Table Mountain...very good value for money and interesting with the commentary.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The location of the Lady Hamilton Hotel is ideal for exploring the city, many attractions are within walking distance as you have discovered. The Hop on Hop Off bus is only a few meters away from the hotel and provides a great overview of the city.

But yes indeed for the Waterfront we do suggest that you take a taxi there, which has a nominal fee.

I am glad to hear the staff did their utmost to make you feel welcome and looked after.

Hope to see you back soon.

MAnja Jaspers