“Tasty food with uneven service”
Review of Sinns on Long - CLOSED

Sinns on Long
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Bar
Arlington, Virginia
“Tasty food with uneven service”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was with friends and friends of friends for an evening meal and I was pleasantly surprised by the food. While we were seated quickly, the two people who seemed to be switching on and off serving us didn't quite have it together and did seem to forget rather much (wifi code, drinks, who ordered what). However, they forgot with a smile, which, coming out of Angola is still much better than what I get at home.

We had a couple different types of sausages, vegatables, and salads. I had curry chicken lentil spaetzle. All were quite tasty and easy on the wallet. My dinnermates were very pleased with their mixed drinks. I can tolerate the service, so I will return for the food the next time I'm in Cape Town.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Djibuddha

“Ambassador Treatment”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Quite an Exclusive Ambassador's attention! Food was a mixture of exotic flavors! The service was ten Top and Excellent Trained crew under Pedro Rodrigues' Administration. The Most interesting and unforgettable how God's Grace give this man the the Gift of Hospitality!!!Entertainment was a plus!
They Got me with desert!!!

1 Thank Profeta Alina P
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Surprise! Surprise! ”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I visited this small street café in the heart of Cape Town on a Monday during lunch time.

I've never heard of this restaurant before and expected the worst after I had a quick glance at the other TripAdvisor reviews.

Shortly after we were seated, our waiter attended. From the word Go! he was friendly and we received excellent service (I must remark that place was more than half empty).

We ordered wine and was quite surprised how reasonably priced the winelist was in the heart of Cape Town. Long Street is one of the most famous entertainment attraction in the heart of Cape Town. When the sun sets, this street is a buzz. This was, however lunchtime and the street was still in preparation for the sunset feast.

I don't know whether they have an after-office hours menu, but the food was well-priced and actually amazingly good.

The winelist was also acceptable and reasonably priced.

If I was a judge, I would have overturned my predecessors' verdict. I can definitely recommend this place.

I wish to make one remark on the friendliness of and service by our waiter. When we arrived, we greeted him in a jovial manner and we were greeted likewise. After that we have cemented our relationship for future visits!

We ordered the Bratwurst (see our attached photo) with a generous portion at a reasonable R68 per plate. For a few rand extra you could order a Vienna.

Although the restaurant was fairly empty, the vibe from the busy Long Street was infectious and spilt into the building.

All and all this is a place to visit for a quick bite. Maybe it was the time of the day, or even the season, but being friendly with our host definitely had a good return on our investment!

To be recommended!

1 Thank theronsadvisor
“Not my kind of sausage ”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend didn't like this place at all. Mainly because of the poor taste of the sausages. Don't go here. There are so many great alternatives around

CAPETOWN
“Not like the old sinns”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Very poor service,staff to busy talking, don't do it, better places to eat. Better curry houses in long street

• Visited November 2013