My wife and I cruised from Cape Town, South Africa back to Southampton UK from 24th April to 17th May.
Prior to the cruise we were booked into the Southern Sun Cape Sun Hotel for 3 nights.
The hotel was spotless and the staff very friendly and most helpful.
The food, we decided to have the buffet, was excellent, plentiful and a good variety of choice.
Cape Town was very clean and extremely busy, we were however advised not to walk out after 6pm, and there were very few people that we observed from our bedroom venturing out in the evening.
During our stay we visited Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope, an excellent tour.
Whilst driving around on this tour we did notice quite a few secured properties, with alarms and barbed wire, a little discomforting.
We also booked a days Safari at Aquila Game Reserve, this was a 2hr drive from our hotel, passing vast acres of vineyards. When we arrived at the game reserve we were served breakfast, which was most welcoming, before we ventured out into the game reserve on open trucks.
We were pleasantly surprised to see so many animals and after about 2.5 hrs returned to the base camp where we were served lunch.
A most gratifying experience and fully recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the centre of where it's all happening and with magnificent views over Table Mountain and Robben Island, the four star Southern Sun Cape Sun is ideally located for visitors who want to experience one of the world's most beautiful cities. Hotel guests are invited to make use of facilities like the free Wi-Fi, indoor pool, fitness centre and Camelot Spa. For business needs the hotel offers nine fully equipped conference venues with space for up to 650 delegates There are many great restaurants and bars within walking distance but our free shuttle bus departs regularly to the nearby Victoria & Alfred Waterfront providing convenient access to a range of harbour-side restaurants and first class shopping, offering great appeal to visitors in search of an indulgent escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Sun Cape Sun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Cape Sun Hotel Cape Town Central
- Southern Sun Cape Town
- Southern Sun Cape Sun Cape Town, South Africa