Fabulous hotel, room, service, staff, view - everything. We're already making plans to go back to Cape Town next year & will definitely use the same hotel. Points to note:
- felt very luxurious
- staff were really helpful & nice.
- Breakfast was fantastic, with a huge buffet & a chef to prepare your fried eggs/omelettes etc
- well situated near the Green Street market with lots of shops & restaurants nearby
- the hop-on-hop-off 'Red' (City tour) and 'Blue' (further afield) buses stop just round the corner & you can pay as you get on - v handy
- area extremely bustling & safe during the day, but quiet at night- so you know not to walk around
- Huge lobby area with bar/louge/live 2 piece on piano & cello
- our room was on the 22nd floor, it was huge, very quiet, with silent ( very important for me!) air con, good bathroom, huge comfortable bed, large windows with a direct view over Table Mountain.
-maid came in in the evening & turned down bed (!), changed the towels if necessary (!), & replenished the (free)bottles of water
- The only slight problem was a drip from the cistern - which we didn't bother reporting in case they made us pack up & move rooms!!
- Free shuttle bus ran every 1/2 hour from hotel to to Waterfront (took only a few minutes & called at the next Southern Sun hotel, the 'Cullinane' on the way)
- two other Southern Suns nearby had small pools - but were therefore more expensive. They are the 'Cullinane' and the 'Waterfront' (this one, despite its name, was not actually IN the Waterfront complex)
- the Cape Sun feels a bit more 'real' than staying directly IN the Waterfront complex (where you could be anywhere in the world)
I had got a really good deal on the internet (direct with the hotel) of 4543 rand for 7 nights bed and breakfast!!.
So, if you can get a good deal on this hotel I would go for it.
PS I was also inside the other two hotels I mentioned & they are both really nice (although the bedrooms in the 'Waterfront' were not as big or bright as in the 'Cape Sun'.)
All in all fabulous experience - we're going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the centre of where it's all happening and with magnificent views over Table Mountain and Robben Island, the four star Southern Sun Cape Sun is ideally located for visitors who want to experience one of the world's most beautiful cities. Hotel guests are invited to make use of facilities like the free Wi-Fi, indoor pool, fitness centre and Camelot Spa. For business needs the hotel offers nine fully equipped conference venues with space for up to 650 delegates There are many great restaurants and bars within walking distance but our free shuttle bus departs regularly to the nearby Victoria & Alfred Waterfront providing convenient access to a range of harbour-side restaurants and first class shopping, offering great appeal to visitors in search of an indulgent escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Sun Cape Sun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Cape Sun Hotel Cape Town Central
- Southern Sun Cape Town
- Southern Sun Cape Sun Cape Town, South Africa