We stayed here for our last 2 nights in Cape Town - having come in from the Winelands having stayed at Akademie in Franschoek and we initially spent 5 nights at twentytwo when we arrived in CT. If this had been our first port of call I think we'd have gone away happy - but sadly after our two amazing experiences earlier it was never going to meet our expectations and failed to excite.
We had a deluxe room which was on the small side and rather tired. Our wardrobe doors had lots of broken glass in it which had not been replaced and the the room/bathroom needed a fresh coast of paint. There were no safes in the room which we found suprising for a guesthouse of this quality. The sash windows all rattled in the wind though the bed was large and comfy with lots of cushions/pillows etc and the bathrooms were a good size.
The sitting room and outdoor area for breakfast was probably the best thing about the hotel which is a shame as it promised much from it's website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Welgelegen Boutique Hotel - an urban sanctuary in the heart of Cape Town". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Welgelegen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welgelegen Hotel Cape Town Central
- Welgelegen Cape Town, South Africa