Book In Advance

from $145.30
from $90.80
from $250.00
2,737 results
All reviews full moon great hike table mountain easy hike rock climbing worth the climb bring water afraid of heights worth the effort short hike lots of water camps bay views of cape town watch the sunset coming down spectacular views signal hill
Reviewed yesterday

This hike was incredible and just an easy trip from the city (~10 minutes in the car). Such a gorgeous view of the city and water!

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

The hike is quite cool however my recommendation is to go there very early as you habe plants of people walking up and blocking you. There are two ways up, one 2 min longer is less climbing and more way and the one where you need to move on stehe letters in the mountain.
Great view and a lovely spot but too much tourists.

Reviewed 3 days ago

Short but intense hike that is really spectacular. I did this almost every weekend and it never let me down. A little scary on some of the rocks but do-able for an experienced hiker.

Reviewed 3 days ago

I booked the Sunrise Lion’s Head Hike from Viator, before I arrived to Cape Town, South Africa.
Nathan the Hike guide picked me up at the Hilton in Cape Town at 5:20 am.
A couple from another Hotel was not ready, Nathan gave them the opportunity to dress and come with us by taking me to pick up a coffee. When we returned to their Hotel, they failed to be ready for the Sunrise Hike. Although Nathan was disappointed, I chose to believe that I would benefit from their absence.
Lion’s Head Hike was challenging to me because I am learning not to fear heights.
The strenuous climb does not bother me, but looking down to see how high I am standing can weaken my nerves.
Nathan assured me with a calmness and confidence, like a father guiding his nervous child that he or she has the ability to do it.
I grabbed large metal staples attached to boulders to lift myself up and climb on them like a step ladder, crawled or sat down to maneuver my body on difficult boulders. When we reached the summit, I was amazed with my willingness to follow his guidance although I was scared. Thank you, Nathan, you are an excellent guide and motivator, I wish you success in your job/ business. I tipped Nathan well to make up for the loss of the other two guests.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Climbing up the table mountain gives you a 360 view of the city, the mountains and the ocean. It is easy, my 7 years old daughter did it as well. A must do in Cape Town.

Reviewed 5 days ago

Beautiful view of the coastline from Lions head and a nice hiking trail with lots of interesting fauna and flora.
Also a paragliding jump off point so got to see a few of them riding the thermals and take the slow ride down.
Green Point stadium that was used during the 2010 World Cup also visible . Can be a little chilly in the winter months so take a jacket and a snack, no food or beverages available.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Superbe hike, rather tough, some climbing/escalade.. not fir everyone but worth the effort: beautiful view, good exercise, wonderful trail

Reviewed 5 days ago

Fun hike with amazing views of Table Mountain and the city all the way to the top! The hike in general is easy, but some areas can be dangerous - wear your hiking shoes!

Reviewed 6 days ago

We hiked Lion's Head on our honeymoon a couple weeks ago. It was incredible. The first part of the trail isn't too bad going up, pretty much just a dirt road climb. Once you get to the top though there's a series of ladders, chains and boulders to climb up. I thought it was fun. Totally worth it all too with the incredible views at the top. We went on a random weekday too and there were many locals and tourists that climbed too.

1  Thank amanderrd
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Decided to go a solo hike on this mountain. Although tough, the views are amazing once you get to the top. I'll do it again anytime!