“full moon excursion!”

Cape Point and Winelands Full Day Tour from Cape Town
$250.00*
Sea Kayak and Bike Tour from Cape Town
Reviewed December 19, 2013

it is said, and possibly true, that you should avoid to hike up or uses pathes of lions head and signal hil as soon as the sun has gone down.
yes BUT, there is always a big monthly gathering every full moon - lots of them bring a small picnic with them, lots of photographers to take spectacular pictures, if the night is clear!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,214)

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I wouldn't recommend doing this hike in ballet flats like I did!!! Completely unaware of how big a hike this was going to be I was not prepared! But 4 hours later I reached the top and I was blown away by what I saw!

I highly recommend this hike, it is beyond worth it every step of the way!

This experience meant so much to me I even went and got the coorindates of Lions Head tattooed on me :)

1  Thank Anneliese21
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My buddy and I ran to the top of the mountain. It took about 30 or 40 minutes to get to the top. We did need to use some chains that they had bolted into the rocks to climb up some sketchy spots. Once we got to the top the view was amazing, one of the best in the world. I have some great pics and videos from this little excursion.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Lion's Head is my favourite place in all of Cape Town! It is a great path to take to go at your own pace. As you wind your way up the mountain, you get to see the different parts of the city! It's a great activity for family and friends. You can go up to watch the sunset!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hike is recommended for anyone. It is strenuous towards the end but most of the way is easy. The view of Cape town and Camps Bay from the top is amazing and the hike is completely free.

Took us about 50mins up and 40mins down. Go at sunset, its stunning!

1  Thank Lizzy741