“very colourful”
Review of St. James Beach

St. James Beach
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Not a lot you can say that hasn't already been said, the tidal pool take you back to your childhood and the brightly coloured beach huts are like something from an age gone by.

1  Thank NorthwalesRat

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was such a Quaint little beach, we almost missed it as we drove by. But I love the feeling here with the buildings! So colorful

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I just love this place which seems still to look the same as in the early 1900's. So full of character.

1  Thank Wendywentzel
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have been going to St James Beach since I was a small child. The tidal pool is the best place to take small children because they are protected from the waves - it is a great place for them to start learning about the sea and enjoying sea water. The water here is also warmer, so the children can stay in longer. There is lots to do at the beach besides swimming - the children will LOVE the rock pools at low tide. If the South Easter is blowing in Cape Town, you will usually be able to enjoy St James because it is one of the more protected beaches on the False Bay coast. I had my daughter's 11th birthday on the beach in the late afternoon and none of the children wanted to go home. We ended up with the parents lazing on the beach, while the sun went down behind us and the kids swam and played in the pool - happy memories I will keep forever.

1  Thank ManaC_13
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a lovely beach that is lovely and quiet in the morning. Also near the train station. There is a lovely change area as well as a wonderful tidal pool.