“sorry...we did NOT like it.....”
Review of Long Street

Cape Town Bike Tour and Beer Tasting
$80.76*
Cape Town City Sightseeing by Motorcycle Sidecar Experience
Reviewed May 1, 2014

at night it is DANGEROUS... lots of coffee shops, restaurants, and some "not clean" clubs. you will be traced by men and ladies begging, shouting, or just staring at you. nearly every body smokes in that street !!!. the shops there are very modest. if you insist to visit long street, please go by day time. they say it is a street to be seen in cape town, I do NOT agree at all....

5  Thank rafa e
Write a ReviewReviews (1,113)

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great night out on day exploring the town. If in cape town its well worth the trip especially the food and drinks...

1  Thank Schalk V
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is the street you must be close to if you're a backpacker. Lots of shops and restaurants. It's crowded so keep an eye on your wallet, even at day. My phone got stolen on my way back from a pub, luckily I discovered it and managed to get it back. At night there is lots of music coming from pubs and clubs, so you should not have a trouble to find a place you like. It's walking distance to Table Mountain if you don't want to pay for a taxi. Would definitly go back here.

1  Thank DanielHenrysson
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I spent an evening crawling the Long Street with friends and came across a pub called Mojo's ( I hope I have got the name right!). It small and unassuming but the music from the old jukebox attracted us to the door! I had the most amazing caramel tequila! Long Street is noisy, the pavements crowded but it's a must-visit for anyone new to Cape town. It has an almost carnival atmosphere and the variety of pubs and eateries makes for an interesting night on the town.

2  Thank BevyAbr
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Long street is just a street, lined at the top half with a LOAD of cafe's, pubs and (small) clubs. There is everything from wannabe nightclubs, a Slug and Lettuce and an Irish pub to African styled style cafe. I went out on a Monday (which happened to be St Patrick's) with a friend of mine and it was awesome. Met LOADS of internationals, had a good time, good music was played at a couple of places and it could not be beat.
I went out on the wednesday with a big group of people and it sucked. A couple of local ladybody prostitues groped me, some random guy tried not very hard to steal my phone and failed (but then came back and stole someone else in the group's phone. Obviously they werent stern enough). So, it's worth going, but you may have either an amazing time, or a very bad one.

2  Thank ChrisMikeEllis