“Wonderful B&B with fabulous location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cape Victoria Guest House

Cape Victoria Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Town Central
Cape Victoria Guest House
Ranked #149 of 163 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Wonderful B&B with fabulous location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed at Lily's B&B as a first stop on our month long trip to South Africa. What a warm welcomed did we received upon our arrival. Lily shared with us the history of her B&B, advised us on places that absolutely had to be visited, informed our guides on places that he "just had" to take us and this was so helpful otherwise we would have missed some really quaint sites! The room was fabulous and very clean. The service was excellent and we have never had such lovely breads in the morning! even before leaving, we were already planning our next stay at the Guest House...oh, and before we forget, with a 5 minutes walk to the waterfront, location was just a bonus!

Room Tip: We had the Africa room which had a superb view!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
LONDON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

I have travelled to South Africa and Cape Town on numerous occasions and had always stayed in large hotels . On recomendation we stayed at the Cape Victoria quest house. This made our trip special . The place was beautifully decorated and furnished .The breakfast was fantastic and the service was exceptional . Lilly is a real character she will do anything she can to make your stay special . There are so many great restaurants in Cape Town. Lilly is great at recommending the best and is able to get you booked in to the best tables as she appears to know eveyone. All this before you even arrive. I have no qualms in recommending this place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FPSLONDON
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

Jacob Friesen CEC CANADA FOUNDATION ASSOCIATION.
610 1420 East 2nd Avenue Vancouver BC. Canada, V5N 5L9.
MAIL PO Box 78054 RPO Grandview Vancouver BC V5N 5W1
T 604 253 7008 FT 877 321 3377 EM Jacob@ceccanada.com

May 3rd, 2010
Dear Lily
What a pleasure it was to talk with you after all these years; I truly must say you have not lost any of your zeal to do well in all that you do: let me relive just some of our experiences that high light our time with you, to begin with you were number one to make our beautiful experience a seven star experience: It all began by you offering me and my son our own bedrooms, to top it off with king size beds, and that at no extra cost, what a jester to behold: I had experience with bed and breakfast before but not like the one with you, for you looked forward to the end of our every day to make sure that we would return with expressions that would once more confirm you as a most excellent servant ; I must say and repeat the thanks we gave to you for all the exceptional dinners we had, yes every evening, all because of you taking the pleasure to make sure we would be pleasantly surprised and come back to you for more; love to do that over again. Rest assured should there be another time, it would not be without you in our presence, all for you to experience the gratitude that we experienced with you Lily. As you know life has many turns ours have been tumultuous, Jeffrey and Catherine are not two, they are now five, two wonderful sons, Owen and Elliott, and a princes called Sarah, Owen is 10, Sarah is 8 and Elliott is 4. Jeffrey has gone on the being a partner in a law firm in Manhattan New York, his work takes him well beyond the borders of America, Catherine also a lawyer has recently moved on from being a Second in command over Federal State Prosecutors in the toughest place in New York, that is Brooklyn to be a stand by Village Judge. They live in a cozy home in Nyack New York. As for me I have moved on the being the President and CEO of the CEC Canada Foundation Association, an association that is called to be involved in the education of the Young of Canada, its affair is an across Canada affair now in the making. Needless to say, God has me busy to say the least: Now why did I not write this letter earlier, the answer is I do not move ahead on anything that is put into my heart until such time that God gives me the go ahead, which by the way happened at 6am this morning. Yes he is alive in me, and the promises I make to others like I did to you he makes sure that they not only happen but also that the purpose behind the promise will bring him the fruit that he is looking for.
Lily it has been and is an absolute pleasure to have God put you into my life: With that I say, my heart is with you, and with the depth of the love that is in me, my desire is that God touch you and that he fill you with the desires that he has for you. Jacob.
From Solomon son of David the king of Israel:
Proverbs 11:23 The desire of the righteous is only good: From King David the man after God’s own heart. Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
NYC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel, however, our experience was soured by the theft of my carry on luggage on the third day of our two-week honeymoon. I have a police report and am working with our insurance company to be reimbursed, but money can't compensate for the inconvenience (lost: glasses, Blackberry, keys to home and car, South Africa travel guide, manual to new camera, etc.) and upsetting feeling of violation that ensued. We have traveled the world and have never had such a disappointing, avoidable experience at a hotel. The police told us crime is expected to get worse as the World Cup nears, so be extra careful. And, definitely don't leave your bags in the "safe keeping" of the co-owner (but do enjoy her banana bread, it's pretty good)!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
New York NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

My husband and I travel extensively. Our stay at Cape Victoria was one of the best experiences we've ever had. There is something truly magical about Lily... I wish I could put my finger on it, but I can't. Very, very special!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2008

If you are looking for a small guest house near the Cape Town Waterfront, with lots of charm and a wonderful breakfast (including things like home made bananna bread and almond tart) this is the place to stay! Lily, the hostess and owner, was always helpful and friendly, and she and her staff did all they could to make our stay safe and enjoyable. Lily is one of those "special people", and I believe, if you find something wrong with her, then there is something wrong with you! She is a true ambassador for Cape Town! Our room had a balcony with a view out over the roof tops of Cape Town to the bay ..... a great place to have your morning coffee or to enjoy a glass of wine in the evening. Oh yes, and for those interested in the 2010 games, the new stadium is just a short walk away!

• Liked — Charming hostess, the great breakfast, great atmosphere
  • Disliked — cant really think of anything!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Helsinki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2008

We stayed almost two weeks in this lovely manor house and truly enjoyed it every minute of our holiday. Miss Lily was a treasure, she advised where to eat well, places worth visiting and all in all her hospitality was quite unique.
We can highly recommend Victoria Guest House to anyone who wants to have privacy, a good personal touch and a lovely atmosphere to enjoy
Jaakko Katajainen