It would be hard to find any superlatives not already used to describe this small hotel.
Calling it a hotel really does not work since the close, friendly attention by the staff and the intimate surroundings are really what one finds in very well run B&Bs.
Louis, Jimmy and Mark were extremely helpful and rose to every challenge with grace and efficiency.
Their recommendations for car hire, restaurants, entertainment and etc. were all spot on.
The high tea at the Mount Nelson Hotel was about $65 if you want to enjoy a bit of nostalgia. Greens for quick lunches or early dinners is close and very reasonable. Try Arnold's for a wild menu... I loved the grilled warthog ribs! See the menu on candid photos.
The free internet (two computers) was very helpful for checking parts of the trip ahead and for keeping in contact with the other end of the planet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. As required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar and guest fridge in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa