My wife and I stayed here for three nights at the very start of our 17-day visit to South Africa. An African Villa is an incredible value and an exceptional "home" away from home. We were greeted with an attitude of friendliness and graciousness that made us feel comfortable as soon as we walked through the front door. Their website is spot-on with photos and honest descriptions. From the decor to the wonderful breakfasts, we were delighted with the entire experience. Helpful advice led us to a couple of nearby restaurants, both of which exceeded our expectations. It was very sad when it came time to check out and move on. An African Villa set the tone for our entire stay in South Africa. Without a doubt, this was the best vacation we have ever experienced...and we've traveled all around the world. The toughest decision we had, however, was which beautiful ostrich egg to buy from the array on display. We bought three! While we did see other eggs for sale around the country, we were grateful we had purchased these from Louis and Jimmy...they are done with such taste and style. Those two words aptly describe An African Villa as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. As required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar and guest fridge in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa