As mentioned in several previous reviews Cindy, Keith and Louis have created a really well-designed, inviting and comfortable respite in Cape Town. The owners are full of useful local knowledge (e.g. drive the Cape of Good Hope tour in a clockwise direction to catch the sunset on the drive back) and really go out of their way to ensure you have a great stay.
If I had to categorize the villa it's closer to a bed and breakfast than a hotel. The rooms are much better designed than you'd find in a comparably priced hotel and there's a much more warm and inviting feel to it. There was something attractive about staying in a renovated Cape Town house instead of a hotel one could find anywhere else in the world. The breakfasts were as good as any other we experienced during our two weeks in S Africa. The service was personable, very accessible and warm. They even allow you to schedule a shower in the afternoon of the same day you've checked out. This was a nice service before traveling on planes for 24 hours. The surrounding neighborhood is residential and in walking proximity to several restaurants and shops. I am glad that we did not book a hotel near the touristy area around the V&A waterfront. With the exception of Table mountain we walked to all of the sights in the downtown area.
When we return to Cape Town we'll definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. As required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar and guest fridge in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa