One of the best places we have ever stayed in - yes, the villa is tastefully furnished and decorated, the rooms comfortable and well appointed, the location in a quiet, safe area, not too far from the city centre; but it is the friendly, professional spirit of the owners that really made the difference for us. We arrived early to drop off bags, but a real effort was made to get us into our room asap. Cindy immediately gave us an excellent overview of the Villa, local restaurants, things to see and general advice. At every breakfast, one of the owners would always ask us about our previous day and offer tips about the day to come. On our departure day, we had to check out by 11 a.m. but our flight wasn't until near midnight; we were allowed to store our bags and when we returned at six, we could freshen up in a shower room, sit in the lounge area and we were even offered coffee and cake. This made the last day of our stay (often a write off) as enjoyable as the preceding days. Other touches such as the honesty fridge, complimentary cake, port and sherry, free wi-fi access from your own device or one of the two lounge computers, facility to print out documents, convenient links with local taxi company all added most positively to the stay. Thoroughly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. As required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar and guest fridge in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa