We had a three night stay in room # 2, upstairs. The room was very nice, tastefully decorated, with a small balcony overlooking Table Mountain, a very modern, medium size bathroom with shower and a bathtub. Everything was spotless and all expected amenities were there, Wi-Fi including.
The entire house was wonderfully decorated with African Art, much of which was also available for purchase, on some large shelves, downstairs, to the right of the two/three (?) computers available for the guests’ use. Function of the weather, breakfast was served either in the small backyard or in the lunch room, it was consistently tasty and the three ladies serving it were pleasant and helpful. Special thanks to Luis, who was always ready to answer our questions and was always helpful.
The rooms upstairs, facing the Table Mountain may be a bit noisy in the evening, from the people chatting downstairs in the lounge or by the computers.
The villa is located in the mostly residential and very safe area of Tamboerskloof and there are a few good restaurants within ten minutes walk to the right of the villa towards the Long Street. Most everything you’d need or like to see in Cape Town is within walking distance, including the amazing Waterfront which is about half an hour of safe, brisk walk away. Beware, most places in town close at 5 p.m. with the exception of the Waterfront where shops close at 7 p.m.
We had a very nice stay at An African Villa and if we ever return to Cape Town, we’ll stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. As required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar and guest fridge in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa