An African Villa
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$168
$146
Hotels.com
$115
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$118
$110
  • Breakfast included
$183
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$126
$114
Hilton
  • Pool
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$740
$418
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$240
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$653
  • Breakfast included
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$538
$427
Agoda.com
Derwent House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$158
$141
Agoda.com
1,041 results
All reviewsplatinum roomhonesty bartable mountaincomplimentary sherry and portafrican themehonor systemmillers thumbguest housewithin walking distancequiet neighborhoodstay in cape townplunge poolperfect place to staycooked breakfastkloof streetcommon areascar hire
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I spent five nights at An African Villa in February, following a week long stay at a 5 star Capetown Hotel. This was my second trip to beautiful Capetown- having stayed in a luxury hotel and then with friends the previous visit. Staying at An African Villa was like staying with old friends; relaxing, luxurious, comfortable and easy going. I cant wait to go back, and if not staying with friends this would always be my first choice. Louis and Jimmy are relaxed, hospitable and incredibly friendly and generous nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are beautifully decorated and so comfortable and quiet. We loved the Port left out in the late evenings for bed time treat and the hosts. This is a gorgeous alternative to a hotel,lovely breakfasts in the courtyard and a plunge pool to dip into when hot from walking up the hill from town. Everything is thought of here and the accommodation and hospitality beats a five star hotel easily.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2013

From arrival to exit, our stay here was such a lovely experience. We were picked up from the airport seamlessly and on arrival were greeted immediately and given the tour. As some other reviews have mentioned, this was a tad patronising and slightly tiring after the flight but very informative and useful. Having a recommended taxi service (reasonable and pleasant) and restaurants (within walking distance) made it easier to navigate Cape Town. The breakfast was always delicious and all the staff happy to answer questions and have a chat. We had no problem with our room which was on the ground floor and noise was expected for a busy B&B in the city centre.
We highly recommend booking a township tour with the B&B - they booked ours for the next day and it was safe, interesting and made our stay in CT.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank E M
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at an African Villa for 8 nights during a recent visit to Cape Town. Set in a residential area outside the City centre the villa offers excellent facilities and support for a long or short stay, the rooms are spacious and well appointed and the service and support from the team is first class. The owners are also very knowledgeable and helpful when seeking recommendations about local sight seeing and dinner reservations. Its is a homely atmosphere and we really did feel like part of the family during our visit. The whole team provide excellent service and the choice and quality at breakfast would put a lot of five star hotels to shame. Thank you Jimmy, Louie, Keith and Cindy for making our stay in Cape Town so enjoyable and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at An African Villa for 3 nights after our safari. The location of the hotel is great and has a beautiful view of Table Mountain. We really enjoyed the breakfasts every morning prepared by the staff. The room itself was a bit of a disappointment. They are very small, 2 people with luggage barely fit in the room. The bathroom also needed some maintenance. When we arrived one of the owners was so frazzled with phone calls and guests arriving that it immediately did not set a good vibe for this hotel. When he was finally available to check us in he went through the room booklet as is we were children. Explaining how to turn off and on the AC and TV?? The coasters in your room even identify to put your drink on them which he also pointed out. Little OCD!
The wifi connection was terrible and we had a lot of trouble connecting which was frustrating. The walls are thin and our room was at the top of the stairs so we could hear everything going on downstairs. The hotel is in a fully renovated brownstone style building which was very neat, but after a luxurious safari camp the accommodations are a bit of a downer.
Overall, I would not stay here again but it was a good value given the location of the hotel.

Room Tip: The taxis are all a rip off in Cape Town! The meters are rigged and we even had a bad experience with the recommended service that the hotel uses. None of the taxis know where this hotel is. Make sure to arrange a pick up from the airport before you get there and always keep the card with the address on it with you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tmagoulas
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was referred to them through a friend of a friend who had great things to say. He had used them to put up out of town guests for a wedding with great success. I will second that, by giving them a 5 star rating! They were booked solid for the first night of my stay and were gracious enough to set me up with another B/B right around the corner, then move my luggage and laundry for me while I was out the following day on a Winelands tour (which they booked for me). The accomodations are superb...the breakfast WONDERFUL (coffee, eggs and bacon get an A+). They have a stocked "honesty bar" and were helpful in every aspect of my stay....from dinner recommendations to directions to activities. To top it off...I'm checking out tomorrow and they are keeping my bags and have a spare showere I can use before my evening flight. My THANKS to the entire staff.....I could not have asked for a better stay! Please consider them for your stay in capetown!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo