We stayed at An African Villa in late September 2012 and even before we arrived experienced Louis and Jimmy's wonderful kindness and advice which during the course of our 3 day stay in Cape Town ensured a great holiday for our entire family. Jimmy organised a great guide/driver for us Thabang and with him planned our days so that we could squeeze in all that we hoped to do without rushing about including a great lunch at The Cape of Good Hope and a sensational dinner at The Harbour Terrace.
The hotel itself is very well located and the rooms and atmosphere that of a beautifully decorated home where you are welcomed by friends who want to ensure you have the best possible experience of Cape Town. When my husband was unwell Jimmy not only recommended a clinic he personally drove us there - as I say it was as though we were staying with friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. As required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar and guest fridge in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa