You walk in to a misleading foyer. Once you turn the corner the B&B opens up like the décor out of a home magazine. Getting the tour, the enormity of the home unveils itself. Huge living areas, dinning areas and a gourmet kitchen I would sacrifice the last dodo bird for. Our bedroom had the softest sheets which called for my body immediately. The style modern washroom screams decadence that I quiver in anticipation to use. The balcony opened up over the wading pool and lounge area, too cold, but the view of Table Mountain was incredible!
Free WiFi, community computer, safety deposit box, in room coffee/tea, travel books was much appreciated.
No alarm clock needed, the smells from the morning breakfast bring our eyes to an open. Great spread of fresh baked goods, a selection of cheeses and fresh juices. The fresh ginger loaf was like eating cotton candy. It was so soft it disintegrated into my taste buds. Eggs done the way you want with all the other fixins' and we started our day with a big smile on our faces. The honor-bar was great too, with water, juices and snacks available.
The staff was fantastic, readily to help with recommendations and pointers. They stored our luggage for the whole day as we went off for a full day tour, and they even gave us a ride to our next hotel (tour pick up from a different hotel).
The B&B is a 10 minute walk to a great street with lined with many great restaurants. Panama Jacks was a local seafood resto favorite, and *blushingly* we loved Ocean Basket as well (coming from where we are, a fresh shrimp is like gold to us)
As well a short cab ride into the downtown, harbor and right around the corner to Table Mountain.
Overall, for their price range, this was the best place I have stayed at - ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. As required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar and guest fridge in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa