De Waterkant Lodge
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$171
$149
Hotels.com
$101
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$185
$179
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$733
  • Breakfast included
$232
$187
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$752
$427
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$123
$116
  • Pool
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$549
$429
Agoda.com
Derwent House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$154
$144
Agoda.com
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
$184
$161
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the De Waterkant Lodge for almost a week and had a nice stay. We were there in "winter" so I can't comment on how warm the rooms get. The bed was very comfortable, the room was lovely, and the clean bathroom was huge. The only disappointing thing was the breakfast (included in cost). I'd stay there again and eat breakfast elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2012

The breakfast is very poor and the room was just as bad! It was dark, humid and smelly. I had two twin beds attached together that made a so called “double bed” which they separated one from another during when I was sleeping so I kept falling on the floor through the crack in the middle of the night. When I told the owner he could not even be bothered to hear about it he only said we are fully booked

Room Tip: dont go if you need a good night sleep and a decent breakfast
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MLno
Reviewed February 6, 2012

The De Waterkant Lodge is located in the area of the same name.The picture that Tripadvisor provides looks like a Days Inn in the U.S. This guest house looks NOTHING like the picture. This is an upscale residential neighborhood. The staff, location, continental breakfast and decor were excellent. My room was large with great storage and had a ceiling fan. A table or desk would have been welcome. The free wifi was fine, but the only way to use your lap top is by lying on the bed. The bathroom was huge with a great tub on legs and a separate stall shower. There was almost no light near the sink and the mirror was too high. There is a shopping mall down the street with stores, restaurants and a beautiful supermarket.

Room Tip: The first room that I was shown was in a building around the corner. To get to the room one had to climb a spiral iron staircase; no thanks. I wouldn't recommend this place for people who have trouble climbing hills.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank XchocolateX
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I stayed at De Waterkant Place, 35 Dixon Street. which was very close to the place of my childhood. I was very happy with my choice because it was within walking distance to everything, it was clean, it was friendly (thanks Jeremy) and I loved every minute of being there. My room was spacious and clean and I was able to leave things in a fridge and microwave whatever treats I brought back.
It had a lovely lounge area where I could bring friends back for a tea/coffee. I would HIGHLY recommend this Guest House as the fees were very reasonable too.
Thanks CT for making my stay as wonderful and leaving me the best memories ever!.
(I will not leave it 38+ years to come back again :)

Room Tip: I had room number 1 ..nice and spacious with some views of Table Mountain and Waterfront
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Was at the De Waterkant guest house for 2 days in July..The De Waterkant guest house is a very small, homely and a cosy place for a Solo traveller. Absolutely spic and span, nice bed, simple yet elegant room, clean bathrooms with running hot water, inbuilt safe... and last but not the least - very tastefully located rooms.

Serves simple breakfast too... Is private place and you can come and go at times of your choice.
Ashley - the person on the reception was extremely helpful in getting me a city tour arranged, etc. The key attraction of this place is its location - with safe streets, patrolled thru the night. Located close to Cape Quarters - a chic shopping mall, with a range of restaurants, etc... A variety of breakfast / lunch places are located.. and so are some night hot spots and pubs and discs. Even the V&A waterfront and Green market square are not very far from here..
The only issue of this place is that it has fixed check in times... It would be better if you tell them about your arrival plans so that they can arrange for the same in advance. Would certainly want to go back and stay there again.
Lastly when in cape town use the Red and Blue buses for the city tour... very efficient and cost effective... The bus stop for the red bus is at a walkable distance from the de waterkant guesthouse...

Room Tip: Avoid Room no 4, near the door
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo