“One of Cape Town's best kept secrets”
Review of Vandiar's

Vandiar's
Ranked #554 of 1,171 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stumbled on this place about a year ago and have been back on numerous occasions. As I like hot curries it was perfect for me but on our last visit my wife asked for mild and only when she was halfway through her food did she comment that it was very strong for her and would I mind tasting it.
It was exactly the same as mine and unfortunately had burnt her palate to the extent that she could not taste anything thereafter, so it was a waste asking for a new plate. As it happens the fault was either with the waiter or the kitchen but the food was so cheap that it was not worth making a fuss(anyway I finished hers as well). Next time I will taste her food before letting her burn herself.Anyway the curries are just the way I like them and whilst the waiters could be a little more trained the ambiance outside on Dunkley square (summer time) is great.

There are newer reviews for Vandiar's

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Were hunting for a restaurant around our B&B in the Gardens area. Suddenly started drizzling and we rushed into this Indian restaurant. Actually even though we are Indians we love eating the local food of the land - particularly my 7 year old daughter - not keen on Indian food. But we convinced her to eat here - and were pleasantly surprised by the food
We were recommended a dish called Bunny Chow - the owner thought this would be widely available in India, but was surprised that we were hearing of this dish for the first time - actually it was dish widely available in Durban. But it was worth experimenting.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Came here with my cousins - food was amazing but service was a little slow! We got complimentary brinjal fritters after our meal :) would go again.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Great food, great service! Had a great time at Vandiars.
Im definately going to become a regular!Butter chicken Pizza was amazing!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My family and I started on this adventure of trying at least one traditional food restuarant a month, and we started with Vandiar's. Excellent food, excellent service, can recommend it for anyone that like strong but flavoured curry. Prices are very good.