“Excellent Café”

Michaels
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Lovely breakfast joint. Their croissant and scrambled eggs is best with a amazing cuppaccino.... pickle people and great food!
The best pasta I've had in a while.
So good my wife and I stopped cooking or own pasta ;)

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I Regularly visit Michael's just for a quick bite at lunch or on the odd occasion take the wife to dinner. The food is great value for money, my favorite is the ribs, their basting sauce is the best. Their staff and owners are really attentive and friendly. Great atmosphere and if you are a coffee addict like myself they serve a super cappuccino. Really worth the visit.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Michael's is well situated for diners living in the neighbourhood not in the mood to take the car out and drive to a restaurant, so they'll always have enough foot traffic to do reasonably well. It must be said, though, that not much has been done to set the place apart or make it memorable. My boyfriend's burger bun was dry and crumbly - my toasted sarmie was plain and boring, made worse by the fact I couldn't bring myself to pay the extra R14 for a side salad. A man at the table next to us was complaining he'd waited 25 mins for a salad. Our waiter was friendly but missed basic things like removing the empty soda cans from the table for the entire meal.
The best part of the meal was the cheesecake for dessert which was creamy, decadent and perfectly proportioned.
Overall though, if this place wasn't so primely situated, I don't think it would have the regular clientele it seems to enjoy. I hope they can improve on their originality, quality and service.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed in Cape Town for 3 months in early 2013, and made this our regular " eating place" for a quick lunch or afternoon coffee. It has recently changed ownership and the new "owner", Jo makes you feel at ease and cannot do enough to help you. The lunchtime "specials", are good value for money and there is never a rush to push you out the door.
When in the Southern Suburbs call in for a coffee or a quick snack, you will enjoy it.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went for lunch and were presented with an impressive menu. We both ordered chicken dishes having noticed that chicken plays a large role on the menu - even has a separate chicken section! Well at 12h30, the waiter informs us they had run out of chicken! O-o-o-kay, change that for a smoked salmon salad. Oops, the proprietor says they have no cottage cheese for the salad.

Just not worth the hassle.