“Choose this company” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hylton Ross Exclusive Touring

Hylton Ross Exclusive Touring
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whatever your interests, Hylton Ross Touring offers the best opportunities to experience South Africa. We have 5 offices situated close to all the major tourist attractions. We offer over 60 scheduled full and half day tours, or you can book a private tour in our vehicle with our driver guide who will take you wherever you please! The famous Garden Route is a ‘must see’ and we hope you join us on our guided 4 day Garden Route tour which includes accommodation, meals and sightseeing. We also have a new 3 day safari experience in the Kruger National Park which includes accommodation in a choice of tents or rondawels, along with game drives in open safari vehicles and mouth-watering meals.
Victoria
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Choose this company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We delayed booking a tour until the last minute to keep a bit of spontaneity in our trip, but by the time we chose a company and a tour, it was too late to book the night before we wanted to go. So, we went down to the hotel desk and they suggested this company and said it wasn't too late to book it. I'm really glad we did. Our driver, Leslie, met us in in the hotel lobby right on time and we loaded into a van with just 5 other people (they limit their pickups so you don't spend forever getting everyone else before you go). We did the combo tour, which meant that we drove around the peninsula to the main sights like Chapman's Peak, Cape Point, Boulders Beach (penguins), etc. because we were running a bit early, we got to stop at the Cape of Good Hope too. He was really responsive to what everyone was most or least interested in so we didn't waste too much time on the boring stuff and got to add in some things we wanted to see/do as extras. We saw ostriches, and an eland, and some other type of rare bok I can't remember, but sadly no baboons as they were probably hiding from the rain.
Some of the group had only booked a half day tour, so we were dropped off to get our own lunch (at a nice little eatery he recommended) at the Waterfront while he dropped them off and picked up new people for the afternoon wine tour.
I really enjoyed the wine tour part of the day. We had 3 other fun people on board (who got more fun as we drank more wine) and we went to two wineries with different vibes and some pretty decent wines.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this company and this guide to anyone who wants to get as much as they can out of one day.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Heather M

• Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Three great tours with Hylton Ross”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

We took the full day Cape Peninsula, the full day Wine Country and the four day Garden Route tours with Hylton Ross, which we booked through South African Airlines Vacations. All three tours were terrific.The guides knowledgeable and friendly and all were good introductions to South Africa. Charl on the four day Garden Route tour was especially outstanding.

Tip: We did not use Hylton Ross for the Cape Town tour and decided to do it on our own. Unfortunately we did not book Robbins Island before our trip and it was sold out when we got to Cape Town so if you want to see Robbins Island and are not taking an organized tour, book it ahead of time. There may be times a prebooked trip does not run but without a reservation you may miss it as we did.

2 Thank penguinsandlions
Pietarsaari, Finland
220 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“An amazing Tour to the Cape of Good Hope”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was on a Hylton Ross Tour to the Cape of Good Hope with two friends. We had an amazing tour with Loryn, she is outstanding. She took so good care of us and has so good knowledge about the places we were visiting.We saw the cute Africans penguins at Boulders, the Cape of Good Hope with Cape Point Lighthouse and the amazing landscape of the whole Cape area from Cape Point. Thank you, Loryn.

1 Thank leffex
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We really enjoyed this tour and have also referred other travellers we met to Hylton Ross. We did the Full Day Cape Peninsula Tour and had a fantastic day. Our driver, Leonard, collected us promptly and was very friendly and informative throughout the day. Our day was very full and he had lots of energy. He even kept an eye on us when we were having lunch and when he noticed we were having slow service he followed up.

I'd definitely recommend this tour, we saw some amazing scenery and lots of animals - seals, penguins, baboons.

1 Thank Gillian_George
Johannesburg, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hylton Ross driver did not find my hotel!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Last Saturday I made a reservation for Sunday afternoon Johannesburg tour with Hylton Ross. They took my name, cell phone number, name and address of the hotel ( I repeated it 3 times), room number.
Sunday I was waiting 15 min, then I called the office where they were. The answer was the bus was approaching to my hotel and a guy asked me again about a name and address of the hotel.
After another 15 min waiting I called them again. In this time he told me the driver was looking for my hotel and could not find it. With an exact address? OK, I repeated 2-3 times again the address and name of the hotel. Nothing happened.
10 min later I called them again and I learned the driver was waiting for me in the front of a different hotel!!! The hotel reception told him they did not have that number of room he was asking for! So, he left!!! Nobody called me because the guy at the phone explained to me he did not have my number!!! I told him I gave it to him Saturday but his answer was it was not him and his colleague did not give it to him. Why he did not ask for my number when I was calling him? So, he just said sorry about it.
They totally screwed up my Sunday in Johannesburg and I could not go to see the city.
I will never ever use this company again and I will warn all my friends around.

Visited February 2014