“Good portion size!”

Shimmy Beach Club
Ranked #323 of 1,155 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Shimmy Beach Club, Cape Town's hottest lifestyle venue, is perfect for romantic meals with a view, tailor-made conferences, glamorous events and Ibiza-style parties. Boasting an elegant 220-seater restaurant, two meeting rooms, tow gorgeous pools and bars, and a sprawling deck leading onto a private beach, it's the place to be! Top local and international DJ's play on our new poolside stage on weekends throughout summer.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good portion size!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Shimmy shimmers... A beautiful location and setting very well built. The beach sand created a relaxed atmosphere with some people in bathers, theres even a pool. The steak was good value for money the portions were huge. A family member really enjoyed the seared tuna! Erica & I ordered a tuna sushi platter as a starter before our steaks it was good! Our waiter seemed to want to fill our glasses with water the whole time, and at the end our bill had 7 bottles of water on it which amounted to R210.00. My son JoseJnr ordered crayfish for a starter and loved it. All our guests enjoyed the experience immensely, and there is a play area for children. There are lots of staff and great service, when your there you feel that your in good hands.

• Visited May 2013

London
“Shocking service”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I went here with a group of friends for my birthday and the service was probably the worst I've ever experienced. They lost my cake and found it over an hour later. They brought my the wrong persons cake after showing them a picture of it. I did not get an apology or anything off the bill...nothing at all. The only good thing was the food. My food was excellent but it was such a bad experience that none of my friends nor I will return

Visited February 2013
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic Beach Restaurant”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We visited for lunch with 9 adults and sat on the verandah overlook the water. What a view! Fantastic seafood and wine! Would definitely recommend this to everyone!

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Nice location, but can't deliver”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

White wine was served warm in thick cheap glass, ice cubes came later after requested in preheated soup bowl. Wrong salad was served, although replaced immediately and side dish forgotten to serve but appeared on bill. Plates and dishes were removed while partner still eating. Overall bad experience, maybe better during day time to enjoy views, dinner experience not worthwhile, we might try again during day time.

Cape Town
“Places like this shouldn't serve food!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great location, watching the ships in and out of the habour, my guess a good nightclub but not really a restaurant. Manager was great and apologetic so was the waiter. Dreadfully cold interior but worse still was the temperature of the food and coffee.