“A gem of coffee shop - feels like Wonderland”
Review of Peter's House - CLOSED

Peter's House
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Peter's House is a small space radiating a homely, old fashioned feel and offers hearty and wholesome cooking with plenty of vegetarian options to choose from. For late risers you can choose off their breakfast menu till 2pm daily, otherwise join them for lunch or dinner. Now serving breakfast on the weekends from 10am.. including gourmet WAFFLES. Free WIFI.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I felt like Alice in Wonderland the minute I walked in. A quaint coffee shop, not too much space inside, which is perfect for that intimate, cosy vibe if this is what you're after. Great food - really cool menu with several options (grazing, hungry etc). Excellent service, free wifi (fast too) and lovely bunny décor!

There are newer reviews for Peter's House

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Overall during our 2 week trip to South Africa we'd been pretty disappointed in the standard of cuisine we'd experienced so finding this quirky little establishment was great.

Peter's House serves simple, delicious and wholesome food in a relaxed and friendly environment.

Go there, hopefully you'll love it as much as we did.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Peter's House is a little gem in the heart of Cape Town. A truly glorious and indulgent dining experience.
I made a group reservation with ease and managed to hash out all details via email and a call or two with no fuss. Ziggy is exceptionally professional and helpful. With a group, the menu is limited to 3 items. We also decided to order a chic & vanilla cheesecake. I had the pesto pasta and I can truly say it was heavenly. The cake was a truly sublime indulgence.
The restaurant is quirky, well priced and offers great service.
I highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had heard about this place from others, and was intrigued. Apparently it was a bit of an homage to Peter Rabbit, which sounded novel and sweet.

Being able to walk to it from home on a Sunday morning was an absolute treat, and that was just the beginning.

It's cozy and cute, and the staff were amazing (especially given that we'd taken over the entire place with separate bills for drinks, and almost nobody ordering food). The coffee was good, the juice was fantastic (apple and ginger, cold off the press!) but was too popular as they ran out, and the Whale Tale Ale was a great way to finish off a fabulous brunch experience.

I'll definitely be back soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Aside from the extremely friendly service and quirky decor and great music, this place has my favourite carrot cake - always moist, served slightly warm and with cream cheese frosting freshly applied just before it's brought to you. There are often other irresistible cake choices on the counter too.
The Mac & Cheese Monday specials (accompanied by Fleetwood Mac) make for a very affordable and heartwarmingly yummy meal out with friends.
I'm also a great fan of the Peter's pasta (I think it's called) - with spinach, olives, feta, and all kinds of other yummy veggies.