“Delightful Food, Wonderful and Catchy Surrounding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peter's House - CLOSED

Peter's House
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Peter's House is a small space radiating a homely, old fashioned feel and offers hearty and wholesome cooking with plenty of vegetarian options to choose from. For late risers you can choose off their breakfast menu till 2pm daily, otherwise join them for lunch or dinner. Now serving breakfast on the weekends from 10am.. including gourmet WAFFLES. Free WIFI.
George, Western Cape, South Africa
“Delightful Food, Wonderful and Catchy Surrounding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went here few months ago. I myself really enjoyed the view. The place were really cozy and comfortable. I ordered the food and it was really tasty, especially for the drink, the hot chocolate and the cake itself, I ordered the carrot cake, it was the specialty that they have there and I never regret tasting it. The menu and all the decorations were really refreshing, we got to see the beautiful design on the menu, and also the texts around the board were really funny to see, they drew some chart with some funny texts, although they wrote the menu there. It was a pleasant visit and I am thankful to have the chance to go there.

• Visited February 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Great place to stop for a drink or a coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I were recently on vacation in Cape Town, and stumbled upon Peter's House after dinner one evening. We ended up going back two other times during our short stay in Cape Town. Was a great place for us to stop for a coffee or tea in the afternoon, or for drinks after dinner. We were staying at Parker Cottage, which was only a few blocks away. Nice atmosphere at Peter's House and very friendly staff.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank LucyMarley
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“bad breakfast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

the place looked interesting so my girlfriend and I decided to give it a try for breakfast on Saturday morning. Coffee was pretty good. Both breakfasts were awful though. I had the Kugel, which consisted of rubberized scrambled eggs, shredded salmon-trout, avo and feta. The ingredients weren't layered together or presented in an appealing way, rather each sad little part of the meal was sitting by itself on the plate. Poor attempt. My girlfriend's Nutella french toast was just as bland and unappetizing.

Judging by the other reviews, this might have been a bad day for the kitchen. But I felt ripped off and I wont risk going back. Breakfast isnt difficult and so many other places in Cape Town get it right.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank C W
ziggyFrancisco, Owner at Peter's House, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave us a comment. We just started doing breakfast a month ago and we are working through our teething problems. We agree rubbery eggs are unacceptable. Nutella and banana stuffed French toast at R35 and Kugel Breakfast with Smoked Salmon (not trout) fresh avo, Danish feta, scrambled eggs and whole wheat toast at R45 is a bargain in Cape Town . Hope you and your girlfriend do decide to come back so we may redeem ourselves :)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Home at peter's house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

A warm, friendly space to just relax and be, with irresistible sweet treats and mouth watering meals. Will definitely be back for the chilli and ginger tea, accompanied by fresh carrot cake.. hmm hmm loved the welcoming smiles and attentive way from the staff. Really like that there are board games, a knitting bag and books to entertain.. such a super cool spot!

• Visited September 2013
Arusha, Tanzania
“Fantastic Value Hump Day Deal- Gorgeous Intimate Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

The venue is a quite small so it's an intimate venue, perfect for a first date. The decor is light and airy with lots of details related to rabbits as a nod to the infamous Beatrix Potter character, Peter Rabbit, who I assume the place is named after. There are also works of art by local artists adorning the walls.

I went with a friend on a Wednesday night for their Hump Day Meal, 2 glasses of wine and 2 plates of pasta for R130!

There was only one white wine and red wine option to choose from which were standard quality but fine to drink and at this price who's complaining?

There was a choice of 4 or 5 pasta dishes and both options we chose (one spaghetti meatballs and the other a vegetarian option) were cooked to perfection!

Visited August 2013