“I've been looking for an experience like Peter's house for years!”
Review of Peter's House - CLOSED

Peter's House
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Peter's House is a small space radiating a homely, old fashioned feel and offers hearty and wholesome cooking with plenty of vegetarian options to choose from. For late risers you can choose off their breakfast menu till 2pm daily, otherwise join them for lunch or dinner. Now serving breakfast on the weekends from 10am.. including gourmet WAFFLES. Free WIFI.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have always had an idea in my head when searching for new and exciting places to eat, but never been fully satisfied.
My experience at Peter's House was faaaantastic! Lovely ambiance, friendly and comfortable staff, different and like no other! I love the quirky feel to it and the food created an explosion in my mouth.

I loved the small menu as well as all of the vegetarian meals!

Thank you and see you soon!!:)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My son took me for tea and carrot cake to this quaint little restaurant on the slopes of Table Mountain. Although small it had a nice vibey ambience and service was good. Carrot cake was delicious and I'd certainly go there again for another slice!!!

1  Thank DeeCapeTown
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This restaurant was not what I expected and compared to the other restaurants on the top ten list this does not belong there. The menu is limited and the food served is average. Pasta carbonara for 70 RND + 15 RND extra if you want meat in the course is not what I expected when you can get so much more in Cape Town for that price.
Not many people at the time I was there so it's not that popular place which I can understand whith the limited menu and average food.

ziggyFrancisco, Owner at Peter's House, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your experience here. In our defense we are a tiny restaurant serving home cooked comfort style food with two separate menus for lunch & dinner. As to the Carbonara, it already comes with meat. We do offer an option to add bacon for R15 to our meals,as a lot are vegetarian options.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have been in Cape Town for less than a week and have been in Peter's House 3 times, that's how good it is. Fresh gorgeous home made food, tasty tea, coffee & cakes and wonderful staff and atmosphere, honestly what more could you ask for. Also anywhere that has board games and cards for all to use is my kind of place. One of the staff even taught us how to play backgammon after dinner! Come here - you won't be disappointed (It's also great for veggies!)

Current deals:
Mac & Cheese Monday ( A steal at R25 and R5 for extras)
High tea for Hooligans - Thursday & Friday
Tapas Tuesdays

1  Thank Orla C
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've been here several times in the last few days. The food is terrific and I highly recommend a trip for the Mac N Cheese Mondays. Incredibly cheap for a great meal. I would also add that the coffee is epic.

The staff are incredibly friendly. My girlfriend and I were attempting to play backgammon and looking extremely confused, one of the staff sat down with us and ran us through the whole game.

Great spot, I can only highly recommend the place.

1  Thank Dooley2800