“Coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner or cake - come here!”
Review of Peter's House - CLOSED

Peter's House
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Peter's House is a small space radiating a homely, old fashioned feel and offers hearty and wholesome cooking with plenty of vegetarian options to choose from. For late risers you can choose off their breakfast menu till 2pm daily, otherwise join them for lunch or dinner. Now serving breakfast on the weekends from 10am.. including gourmet WAFFLES. Free WIFI.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have been in Cape Town for less than a week and have been in Peter's House 3 times, that's how good it is. Fresh gorgeous home made food, tasty tea, coffee & cakes and wonderful staff and atmosphere, honestly what more could you ask for. Also anywhere that has board games and cards for all to use is my kind of place. One of the staff even taught us how to play backgammon after dinner! Come here - you won't be disappointed (It's also great for veggies!)

Current deals:
Mac & Cheese Monday ( A steal at R25 and R5 for extras)
High tea for Hooligans - Thursday & Friday
Tapas Tuesdays

1  Thank Orla C

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've been here several times in the last few days. The food is terrific and I highly recommend a trip for the Mac N Cheese Mondays. Incredibly cheap for a great meal. I would also add that the coffee is epic.

The staff are incredibly friendly. My girlfriend and I were attempting to play backgammon and looking extremely confused, one of the staff sat down with us and ran us through the whole game.

Great spot, I can only highly recommend the place.

1  Thank Dooley2800
Reviewed April 22, 2013

There's a little cafe, restaurant, bar, cosy-corner I like to go to on days I have tones of admin to do. Peter's house is sort of tucked away like the best kept secret it is, and they have a simple, homestyle menu and specials like Macaroni and Cheese Mondays, and High Tea on Thursdays and Fridays and you always get tempted but the cakes and cookies they have on display!

It's just a lovely, cosy, fun atmosphere with awesome yummy's and free wifi and the cutest little tea cups with matching saucers! Something I think is extremely important for a place to have..

I HIGHLY recommend Peter's House if you want somewhere to have an easy going meeting, catch up with girl-friends, visit some awesome warm and welcoming people if you're feeling low or a place to sit quietly listening to cool indi-music while emailing happily and sipping caramel Rooibos.

Go there. Now.

1  Thank Megan Y
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Having seen the prominent position on Tripadvisor, we gave this place a go for lunch and it was so good we ended up coming back for dinner and then lunch again later in the week. Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff, great coffee, strong wifi and fresh tasty food at a very reasonable price.

1  Thank Travel_Lion_10
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We loved Peter's House so much that we went there twice for lunch and once for dinner in 2 days! It is a great little cafe with a fresh and healthy menu, fab coffee and delicious cakes! Everything is home made and cooked to order, while the dinner menu is simple it is so well cooked and presented. Those working at the cafe are fun and friendly and make eating there a really nice experience, definitely drop in if you're in Cape Town.